1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Import to threads from Better Blogs

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by PrettyPixels, Feb 19, 2016.

1. PrettyPixels

PrettyPixels Active Member

I have an installation of Better Blogs, which is no longer supported. I'd like to recreate the blogs as closely as possible as regular xenForo forums/threads/posts.

I'm looking to hire a developer to write an import script that does the following:

- Imports each User's blog into a forum specifically for their blog
    - Imports all blog entries into its own thread within that forum
    - Imports all comments as posts on the blog entry's thread

A huge bonus would be to also import blog tags per forum, so I can use the "Forum Default Tags" feature from the Tag Essentials add-on by @Daniel Hood .

Please message me with your cost estimate and completion time frame if you're interested.
    Mouth likes this.
  2. PrettyPixels

This is all taken care of. Thanks! :)
  3. ugurkn

ugurkn Member

I can do it still interested ?
  4. ge66

ge66 Active Member

5. PrettyPixels

I ended up putting the project on hold for now. Apparently there are a couple more blog add-ons in the works, and at least one has promised an importer for Better Blogs. So I'm going to wait a few weeks and see what happens. :)
  6. Live Free

Live Free Active Member

Any update on this? I'm still running Better Blogs and am seeking a blog add-on solution that will import Better Blogs (or at least import to threads) so I can upgrade to 1.5.
  7. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Better Blogs continues to work fine for me in 1.5.x