Better Blogs [Deleted]

If we download our blog, what software or sites will let us import them?

The download is a zip with all the pages in HTML format. It is meant as an archive for the user of his data.
I have absolutely no intention to make this compatible to import in Wordpress, Blogger, or something else.

Hello. There is a slight bug in the blogs application. Users with not permission to create blog entries (namely unregistered users) can still see the "create entry" button. Upon clicking it, it simply states "The user for the blog was not found". The button should not appear to those who have no permission to use it, and if the create link is accessed, the user should receive a no permission error.

Rigel Kentaurus updated Better Blogs with a new update entry:

1.0.38 Bug Fixes

Bug Fixes
  • Restored the copyright in the footer (broke after XenForo 1.3)
  • XenForo applied the fix for canRevert, we don't need the fix in Better Blogs anymore. The template substitution was removed.
  • The "My blog" link in the account page was missing an <li>
  • Free Version - The Cron for Scheduled and Future Entries was enabled (it does not exists in the free version)
  • Free...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I don't like the Facebook Social Plugin that comes with the blogs, it breaks my theme. Please add an option to remove it. If possible, reply with a hotfix I can use to remove this (ex. template edit) until you publish a new version because it really breaks my site and I want nothing to do with the Facebook plugins anyway.

To remove the Facebook Comment box from Better Blogs:
edit and blank the "xfa_blog_facebook_comments" for each style.

@Rigel Kentaurus - Ideally, the option to disable Facebook comments should appear in settings, I am blanking the template for now.

Last edited:
I don't like the Facebook Social Plugin that comes with the blogs, it breaks my theme. Please add an option to remove it. If possible, reply with a hotfix I can use to remove this (ex. template edit) until you publish a new version because it really breaks my site and I want nothing to do with the Facebook plugins anyway.

To remove the Facebook Comment box from Better Blogs:
edit and blank the "xfa_blog_facebook_comments" for each style.

@Rigel Kentaurus - Ideally, the option to disable Facebook comments should appear in settings, I am blanking the template for now.
Please blank the template for now. That feature is not finished and that template is there by mistake.
I am indeed in the process of adding the option of using Facebook comments instead of regular blog comments but that will be fully configurable.

We have an old vB 3.8 install migration we're working on. Our old vB Blogs have been read-only for over a year now. I was originally planning on just not importing that data, but with over 2k blog posts I think maybe we might buy this add-on just to import those blog posts and set them to read-only, just to keep an archive. Does the vB 3.8 importer work reliably for this plugin? Anything we need to do to prepare to use it?

There are some issues with large vb imports: http://xfaddons.com/threads/entries-do-not-get-attributed-correctly-to-categories.169/
@Rigel Kentaurus is working on that ATM though.
We have an old vB 3.8 install migration we're working on. Our old vB Blogs have been read-only for over a year now. I was originally planning on just not importing that data, but with over 2k blog posts I think maybe we might buy this add-on just to import those blog posts and set them to read-only, just to keep an archive. Does the vB 3.8 importer work reliably for this plugin? Anything we need to do to prepare to use it?
2m posts would be fine and fairly fast. I have done an import of hundred thousands entries and comments. Other than taking some time, the data should come up fine.

If you have global categories, an issue with the importer right now is that the entries are only attributed to the child category, and not to any of the parents. This is a different implementation from vb 3.8 that causes your blog entries to be visible, but the category navigation behaves differently. This is going to change in a later release, though.

For read-only, just remove the "write" permission to the blogs, and only leave the "can view" permission. That way no further entries can be made.

If you have global categories, an issue with the importer right now is that the entries are only attributed to the child category, and not to any of the parents. This is a different implementation from vb 3.8 that causes your blog entries to be visible, but the category navigation behaves differently. This is going to change in a later release, though.
Please fix this major bug in the upcoming release. Better Blogs is not usable for vbulletin imports until this is fixed. The navigation and categories do not work.

Please also see this vbulletin import issue: http://xfaddons.com/threads/botched-vb-blog-import.919/

That shouldn't be a big issue for me, as I only have 2 top level global blog categories, with no child sub cats. I think this might be worth doing to prevent losing this data.

It seems to me that its rather an issue of the importer not importing correctly. Regardless of child cats.

What is the purpose of the blogroll?
Normally a blog roll is a list of blogs that the user likes. But as I have just imported from vbulletin it seems to me that the display of any Favorited blogs is erroneous. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
How can we turn off the blog roll widget?

Hi There,

Getting these errors:

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog::prepareBlog() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Panel/Entries.php on line 40 and defined - library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php:49
Generated By: Unknown Account, Tuesday at 11:17 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php(49): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/pgweb/pub...', 49, Array)
#1 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Panel/Entries.php(40): XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog->prepareBlog(NULL)
#2 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Widget/Entries.php(37): XfAddOns_Blogs_Panel_Entries->getEntriesFiltered('xfab_wf_28', 'post_date', 'DESC', 10)
#3 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(667): XfAddOns_Blogs_Widget_Entries->_render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#4 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(396): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Object(_WidgetFramework_ArrayOfString))
#5 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(313): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '???????????<!--...')
#6 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(126): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('forum_list', '???????????????...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#8 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_list')
#10 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#11 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#12 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(614): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#13 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#14 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://precursorgames.com/forums/index.php?forums/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["forums/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: allow_view_entry - library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Entry.php:213
Generated By: Unknown Account, Tuesday at 11:17 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Entry.php(213): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/pgweb/pub...', 213, Array)
#1 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Entry.php(149): XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Entry->allowedByPrivacyOptions(Array, Array)
#2 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Entry.php(100): XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Entry->getPerms(Array)
#3 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Entry.php(233): XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Entry->prepareEntry(Array)
#4 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Panel/Entries.php(37): XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Entry->prepareEntries(Array)
#5 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Widget/Entries.php(37): XfAddOns_Blogs_Panel_Entries->getEntriesFiltered('xfab_wf_28', 'post_date', 'DESC', 10)
#6 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(667): XfAddOns_Blogs_Widget_Entries->_render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#7 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(396): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Object(_WidgetFramework_ArrayOfString))
#8 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(313): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '???????????<!--...')
#9 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(126): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#10 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('forum_list', '???????????????...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#11 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#12 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_list')
#13 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#14 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#15 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(614): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#16 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#17 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#18 {main}

Any idea?

Top Bottom