Better Blogs [Deleted]

If I follow a user in xf, does it automatically follow their blog as well? e.g. on the user's member page the "follow" link. After clicking that to follow the user, do I then need to go to their blog to follow their blog as well?

If I follow a user in xf, does it automatically follow their blog as well? e.g. on the user's member page the "follow" link. After clicking that to follow the user, do I then need to go to their blog to follow their blog as well?
If you follow a user it will automatically start following his/her blog

Rigel Kentaurus updated Better Blogs with a new update entry:

Minor updates to categories creation

Improvements
  • Added a link to the user's blog on the member card (the stats were already linked)
  • Added a link to my blogs on the user drop box menu of the navigation bar
  • When comments are 0, the link now reads "Be the first to comment"
  • When a new category is created through the "new entry" or "edit entry" screen, the category is auto-selected
Bugs fixed
  • When adding a category, the "delete" button was not showing off immediatly, but after the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there instructions somewhere to set up the multi site? I see you can do it for $100 but that is all I see available.

How do I do this?

You need to modify your apache config to make the default DocumentRoot your XenForo installation

Trying to put this addon to good use. But do not want to touch the multi site until I understand setup. Can you please help me? Unlike some of the other addons this one seems like I could wreck something if I do not do it right :)

Is there instructions somewhere to set up the multi site? I see you can do it for $100 but that is all I see available.
I didn't provide instructions. I don't want to mislead people into following a set of instructions since it might not work (every server setup is different in some way). If you are interested in contracting me for installing the Multi-Blogs addon however send me a new conversation message.

So you can buy the addon but rather than offer instructions you simply offer you to install it for $100 ? Am I the only one that does not understand this?

So you can buy the addon but rather than offer instructions you simply offer you to install it for $100 ? Am I the only one that does not understand this?

The installation is actually $50, and the multiblogs configuration is the one that is $100
I have that info listed on the second post of this thread - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/better-blogs-paid.36836/#post-420053

Most people don't have issues with the installation, it just your regular upload files .. upload xml :) Nobody has asked me for help into installing it actually. I have had, however, 3 customers already for the multisite installation. Even on my own site (which I got full root access to) it took a couple of days of tweaking.

The multiblog installation price includes custom development should I need to do it to make it work. While I tried to cover all edge cases I am impressed at how many different combinations of server installation people have come up with.

You make it sound less work in your conversation with 8thos.that is why I thought it was do able for me

Two things ;)

maybe i dont see it know, but:

- Im trying to customize my blog. I selected full screen in options, but i cant change the color of the footer.
- How can a user put a background image in it?

Well three things...:D
How can i change the color of the blocks. Now they are the color of the default template.

Two things ;)

maybe i dont see it know, but:

- Im trying to customize my blog. I selected full screen in options, but i cant change the color of the footer.
- How can a user put a background image in it?

Well three things...:D
How can i change the color of the blocks. Now they are the color of the default template.
Not every single bit is customizable, I went for ease of use over flexibility.
There is a background image section (the one starting with http) with which the user can select an image

Ok, thats clear. Thanks.

There is a background image section (the one starting with http) with which the user can select an image

I looked at the Body and in page. There is a box for an image, but i dont see that i can select an image. Or do you mean somewhere else?

Attachments

• box.webp
    box.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 15
I could get you a quote. Give me some time, I am currently super-busy. Hopefully this is not urgent. If it is adding template locations, that is fairly fast, if it requires coding I will charge at my standard hourly rate depending on the effort needed. If the other addon has an easy to call function that I can just pass to the template then it would be straightforward.

No urgency, nope.

Is there an easy way to add the RSS icon to the blog title? I know this is a future fix, but it'd be nice to have.

One issue I noticed is that while I ran the LN Blogs importer, attachments got messed up somehow in the process. It's as if the importer grabbed some random attachments and added them to a variety of blog posts:

Three different blog posts, similar attachments, without the attachments belomning to the blog posts.

blog1.webpblog2.webpblog3.webp

If I want to rerun the import, how would I proceed with that?

Edit: LN Blogs had a XenPorta moduel showing the last 5 blog entries posted. Does somethign similar exist for this add-on by any chance?

Does this work?
Are they the correct route names for entry into the route changer?

xfa-blog-entry -> entries
xfa-blog-home -> blogs
xfa-blogs -> blog

Top Bottom