Better Blogs [Deleted]

Ah my feedburner is broken. Won't let me associate my twitter. I'll use another service for that. Thanks anyway.

I haven't tested it. I took a quick look and it seems to integrate straigth into Post and ProfilePost, which would mean it would not work.
Hmm ok... But can members quote posts in blog replies and then get Alerts for each reply and even watch the blogs, like you can with threads.. I ask this because the other blog add-on I use can't do any of this..

YouTube video links don't even work in blog replies. If all this works with yours I'm moving to ur blogs.

Hmm ok... But can members quote posts in blog replies and then get Alerts for each reply and even watch the blogs, like you can with threads.. I ask this because the other blog add-on I use can't do any of this..

YouTube video links don't even work in blog replies. If all this works with yours I'm moving to ur blogs.
I remember asking you to add a blog on your site and you did and I'm grateful for it. Now I'mma go ahead and ask you to move on over to this blog as well because this blogging software is the shiiiiiiieeeett!!! You can use youtube videos and smilies in comments unlike the other one and you can customize the background of your blogs as well. Not only that, your members blogs has an RSS feed which means any blog they post can be reposted to their twitter, facebook or tumblr. Let them know about that because most people won't use that feature. This blog is very powerful. Only blog more powerful is wordpress. Make the change! I'm focusing all my efforts on blogs at the moment and it's been totally worth it. My site's traffic has gone up alot. Better blogs = more traffic = more ad revenue.

I remember asking you to add a blog on your site and you did and I'm grateful for it. Now I'mma go ahead and ask you to move on over to this blog as well because this blogging software is the shiiiiiiieeeett!!! You can use youtube videos and smilies in comments unlike the other one and you can customize the background of your blogs as well. Not only that, your members blogs has an RSS feed which means any blog they post can be reposted to their twitter, facebook or tumblr. Let them know about that because most people won't use that feature. This blog is very powerful. Only blog more powerful is wordpress. Make the change! I'm focusing all my efforts on blogs at the moment and it's been totally worth it. My site's traffic has gone up alot. Better blogs = more traffic = more ad revenue.

This Blog is nice, but i have a lot of trouble with my style and forsakens framework :(
so i cant use it without templateedits, which i dont want to do.

This Blog is nice, but i have a lot of trouble with my style and forsakens framework :(
so i cant use it without templateedits, which i dont want to do.

Try giving TMS a look. It basically off-wheels the burden of template edits for you.Instead, you perform the edits in TMS, which will prevent XenForo from registering your templates as uotdated. It also allows you to easily make the same modification for an infinite number of styles, by making the modification in a central location.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/template-modification-system-tms.293/

Try giving TMS a look. It basically off-wheels the burden of template edits for you.Instead, you perform the edits in TMS, which will prevent XenForo from registering your templates as uotdated. It also allows you to easily make the same modification for an infinite number of styles, by making the modification in a central location.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/template-modification-system-tms.293/
Thanks, i am using TMS (for other things) and my tests had not really worked.
But i will try again, when i have more time.

BTW i am not sure using any Blogaddon is a really good idea for my forum.
there are pros and cons, and i am not really sure what i want . :whistle:

I've installed the blog.... You can't quote a blog comment with your reply, so members won't receive Alerts as you do with xenforo forums. Your addon discription says it's fully integrated with xenforo Alerts.

And if i make multiple blogs, it doesn't show them in the side-block, it just says username's blogs - it show display each new blog entry separately. So if I have blogs A B C they show display as:

A
B
C

Not all fall under one title username's blogs..... Plus another mod created a blog and it doesn't show in the side block.

I've installed the blog.... You can't quote a blog comment with your reply, so members won't receive Alerts as you do with xenforo forums. Your addon discription says it's fully integrated with xenforo Alerts.

You are the first one to request that feature. That is a posts-specific thing hence why it doesn't work on say, conversations. The person gets an alert when someone replies on a watched thread or publishes a new entry on a watched blog.

And if i make multiple blogs, it doesn't show them in the side-block, it just says username's blogs - it show display each new blog entry separately. So if I have blogs A B C they show display as:

A
B
C

Not all fall under one title username's blogs..... Plus another mod created a blog and it doesn't show in the side block.

The sidebar is cached, and I forgot how long it is cached for, it used to be 8 hours. Go to the options in the Admin Control Panel and reduce the caching time to a minute or so if you want the blogs to appear sooner. There is also a button called "Refresh home page" that you might want to press to force the caches to expire.

The sidebar is cached, and I forgot how long it is cached for, it used to be 8 hours. Go to the options in the Admin Control Panel and reduce the caching time to a minute or so if you want the blogs to appear sooner. There is also a button called "Refresh home page" that you might want to press to force the caches to expire.
I've imported the blogs over from LN - but Its not displaying any members blogs apart from 1 blog I made in LN blogs, how can I display them all for everyone instantly, without any time delay? Like threads they display instantly and so did LN blogs.

And where do I reduce the cache time? Will setting it to 0 be ok? for instant displaying of blogs?

I've imported the blogs over from LN - but Its not displaying any members blogs apart from 1 blog I made in LN blogs, how can I display them all for everyone instantly, without any time delay? Like threads they display instantly and so did LN blogs.

And where do I reduce the cache time? Will setting it to 0 be ok? for instant displaying of blogs?
A setting of 0 is ok.
Could you ping me the URL for your site?

and I've noticed I've lost about 52 posts from 1 thread (haven't noticed any loss from other threads yet) why are the posts missing? and the 3 pages of missing post are empty????

Screen Shot 2012-10-16 at 18.29.35.webp

Only the last few new posts on the last page are showing

I this happened after I did the final step of the import, Rebuild Index Search, ALL.

How do I get the posts back?

Top Bottom