Better Analytics

Better Analytics 3.1.1

No permission to download
Hi there @digitalpoint ! Thanks for making such an awesome add-on, however I am running into a bit of a problem. I have my Google Property ID in Xenforo where it should be, and I installed this add-on but when attempting to verify through my Google Analytics account it is telling me that it is still missing the extra code that it needs. Is there some way of trying to fix this? Thanks!

Hello,

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue.

digitalpoint updated Better Analytics with a new update entry:

Universal Analytics

• Uses Universal Analytics
  • Tracking code moved to jQuery .ready() function so it doesn't slow down page loading if Google Analytics servers are being slow.
  • Utilizes Google Analytics Measurement Protocol to track non-interactive events like user upgrade sales as eCommerce transactions.
  • Utilizes Google Analytics User ID feature to link different sessions by the same user.
  • Internally tracks unique Google Analytics Client ID for users in a hidden custom field (used to link...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice update.

1) For enabling User tracking across sessions, we have to enable this on the property for it to actually work, correct?
GA help docs implies it won't start working automatically... Looks like I have to create a new view for it as well.

2) For adding a custom dimension to track by specific forum, what should I scope the dimension to? GA gives options of Hit, Session, User, or Product... ?

EDIT: Based on the GA help docs, looks like it should be scoped to "Hit."

3) Is it possible to compare the activity of logged-in users versus guests?

Hello,
When I try to update from 1.0.4 get this error
Callback DigitalPointBetterAnalytics_Listener_LoadClassModel_UserUpgrade::loadClassListener is invalid (Invalid Class).

And in 1.04 ı have added below code to track categories. Is it posible to add track categories to your code ?
Code:
<xen:if is="{$category.node_id} > 0">_gaq.push(["_setCustomVar",1,"Category","{xen:jsescape {xen:raw $category.title}} ({$category.node_id})"]);</xen:if>

Nice update.

1) For enabling User tracking across sessions, we have to enable this on the property for it to actually work, correct?
GA help docs implies it won't start working automatically... Looks like I have to create a new view for it as well.

2) For adding a custom dimension to track by specific forum, what should I scope the dimension to? GA gives options of Hit, Session, User, or Product... ?

EDIT: Based on the GA help docs, looks like it should be scoped to "Hit."

3) Is it possible to compare the activity of logged-in users versus guests?
Yeah probably have to create a new view.

Scope = hit

No sure, never tried... Might work automatically with the User ID tracking thing.

Hello,
When I try to update from 1.0.4 get this error
Callback DigitalPointBetterAnalytics_Listener_LoadClassModel_UserUpgrade::loadClassListener is invalid (Invalid Class).

And in 1.04 ı have added below code to track categories. Is it posible to add track categories to your code ?
Code:
<xen:if is="{$category.node_id} > 0">_gaq.push(["_setCustomVar",1,"Category","{xen:jsescape {xen:raw $category.title}} ({$category.node_id})"]);</xen:if>
Categories of what? You have unique category pages for something?

what about this error when try to update ?

Top Bottom