Better Analytics

Better Analytics 3.1.1

No permission to download
Does this field coming from this addon?
upload_2015-2-2_17-0-47.webp

I already un-installed your addon last week but why I'm still seeing that field when I edit a user :?

It intentionally doesn't delete the custom user field in case someone was installing a new version by uninstalling it and then reinstalling it (sadly it's happened).

You can safely delete that custom user field.

Been going a little crazy with this addon the last week... The new version allows you to use it for things like figuring out what users are using the same computer (shared AdSense Client ID).

The admin area has a new option, "Shared Computers" so you can see it for the whole site.

upload_2015-2-6_11-6-38.webp

Individual user profiles have a new tab (controlled with permissions of course) that show other users with the same AdSense Client ID (shared computer). It also shows a bunch of other stuff about that user if you enable it (revenue made off them, how often they visit the site, where they come from when coming to the site, how they interact with social buttons, what they search for when on your site, etc. Just FYI the stuff that requires querying against Google Analytics API is just for premium members of digitalpoint.com (there's no easy way to set that up on each site without it becoming a support nightmare for me... not something I'm really interested in doing on an addon that I've made exactly $5 total from.. lol So instead, just going to utilize the analytics linking/reporting system I have in place on my servers already for that stuff).

analytics.webp

The new version allows you to do things like cross reference ecommerce data (like user upgrades) against where the revenue's source was from...

upload_2015-2-6_11-17-51.webp

The paypal.com referrals (people paying and then coming back to the site), should be suppressed in the new version as well.

Some other random miscellaneous stuff... SSL is forced on insecure sites, AJAX calls are tracked as events so you will be able to see what sort of AJAX calls are being made without it affecting pageviews. Shopping behavior events are used so you can utilize the Shopping Analysis options to view things like checkout behavior/abandonment.

Everything is done and testing it right now on both my sites... so if you have any last minute requests, now is the time.

"Just FYI the stuff that requires querying against Google Analytics API is just for premium members of digitalpoint.com"

Could you clarify which features do that? Is it all the cool stuff?

"Just FYI the stuff that requires querying against Google Analytics API is just for premium members of digitalpoint.com"

Could you clarify which features do that? Is it all the cool stuff?
Just the stuff BELOW the "Analytics Insights" line in this screenshot (from member profile tab)... the stuff that requires making backend calls to Google Analytics API.
analytics-png.97565

2 questions to the current version:
What is this part for ?
Code:
if(XenForo.visitor.user_id>0){ga('set','&uid',XenForo.visitor.user_id);}
Do I have to set up something in GA to see the reults of this part ?

I really like the possibility to see how often the forums are visited.
Now I thought about adding the threads, too.
But I am not sure how to do this, as I am unfamiliar with GA :(

Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id}>0">ga('set','dimension{$xenOptions.dpBetterAnalyticsDimentionIndex}','{xen:jsescape {xen:raw $forum.title}} ({$forum.node_id})');</xen:if><xen:if is="{$thread.thread_id}>0">ga('set','dimensionXY','{xen:jsescape {xen:raw $thread.title}} ({$thread.thread_id})');</xen:if>if(XenForo.visitor.user_id>0){ga('set','&uid',XenForo.visitor.user_id);}ga("send","pageview");
or
Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id}>0">ga('set','dimension{$xenOptions.dpBetterAnalyticsDimentionIndex}','{xen:jsescape {xen:raw $forum.title}} ({$forum.node_id})');</xen:if>if(XenForo.visitor.user_id>0){ga('set','&uid',XenForo.visitor.user_id);}ga("send","pageview");setTimeout("ga('send','event','User Engagement','time on page more than 15 seconds')",15000);
<xen:if is="{$thread.thread_id}>0">ga('set','dimensionXY','{xen:jsescape {xen:raw $thread.title}} ({$thread.thread_id})');</xen:if>if(XenForo.visitor.user_id>0){ga('set','&uid',XenForo.visitor.user_id);}ga("send","pageview");

@digitalpoint is it possible to differentiate between members and guests?
We have an advertiser asking how many logged in visits we get a month. I don't have a clue.
It would be very useful to be able to discover how many visits (+unique) there are by members separately to guests.
If not currently, would it be possible to add it please?

@digitalpoint is it possible to differentiate between members and guests?
We have an advertiser asking how many logged in visits we get a month. I don't have a clue.
It would be very useful to be able to discover how many visits (+unique) there are by members separately to guests.
If not currently, would it be possible to add it please?
In Google Analytics, go to Audience -> Behavior -> User-ID Coverage

Don't need to use the view if you don't want... but I believe that defaults to a view that includes only data from logged in users (basically filtering out all activity from guests).

digitalpoint updated Better Analytics with a new update entry:

Big update...

• Fixed issue when installed on XenForo 1.2.x
  • Use better cancel URL vs. XenForo's default when purchasing user upgrades
  • Utilize product list/positions in Google Analytics for user upgrades
  • Track click on user upgrade as a checkout action (allows progression shopping analysis in Google Analytics)
  • Moved JavaScript from inline page to external request
  • New option: Bounce Rate Based On [Page Views/Time On Site]
  • New option: Custom Dimension Index For User ID
  • New debug...

Read the rest of this update entry...

New version has all the new stuff... lets you do things like get a better grasp on where actual revenue is coming from (if you sell stuff)...

upload_2015-2-12_15-2-31.webp

upload_2015-2-12_15-2-36.webp

I installed the new 2.0 version tonight, however now no Analytics tracking code is being inserted into my webpages.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again still nothing. Any ideas?Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 9.15.17 PM.webp

Top Bottom