beta1 --> beta2 failed on forum import

steven s

upgraded a clean beta1 version to beta2.
Imported my v3 forum.
beta1 had problems importing private messages. Beta2 imported them all.

Got all the way to importing forums.
Then page not found error.
Imported again and now duplicate forums but still page not found error.

I'll delete my core files and database and start all over.
Just posting in case someone else got to this point.

Forums were the key point that I haven't changed. How many forums do you have?

The page not found error is very strange. I'm very curious as to what page it thinks it's redirecting to.

I've moved this to installation and upgrade problems :)
Thanks. Either didn't notice or was too excited about the update.
Forums were the key point that I haven't changed. How many forums do you have?

The page not found error is very strange. I'm very curious as to what page it thinks it's redirecting to.
Using beta1, my import stopped at exactly 1200 PMs stopped with "The requested page could not be found".
Continue. Stopped at message 1600. Same error. Continue. Stopped at 2000. Error.
The good news is beta2 fixed that. :)

I am importing 92 categories, forums and links. Several are closed.
35 were imported before "The requested page could not be found".
Viewing the 35 in the node list, they where all left justified (not displaying sub forums correctly).
Rebuilt cache, node list in the admin cp OK.
The only forums visible are the two default ones.
If I continue the same 35 will be imported.

Is it possible for me to get admin and FTP access to where you're doing this import? That would allow me to debug it. It doesn't sound like a general timeout issue.

Is it possible for me to get admin and FTP access to where you're doing this import? That would allow me to debug it. It doesn't sound like a general timeout issue.
Sure. Use the contact us?
Should I delete the database and start all over without importing?
Keep in mind, it's importing my live database. :)

You can use contact use or just PM me directly. If your import is currently stuck at the forums point, that would be ideal. :)

Forum Import could do with being changed into a stepped import like the other parts.

I've got a lot of forums in the database I'm importing from (including quite a lot of old hidden ones). 479 records in total in the forum table of the vbulletin db. It's just taking absolutely ages (I changed my local's config so as to stop it from timing out) and with no idea of the progress you don't have a clue how long it's going to take. Mine has been going for close to an hour now and no sign of it stopping yet.

EDIT: Imported 479 items. (1 hours 9 minutes 40.64 seconds)

Okay still getting the same error on importing thread/posts. I'm using the vbulletin 4 import, do I need to use the 3.7 import instead? The error I'm getting is below and as far as I can tell is related to unexpected characters.

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xF4\x80\x82\x8A\x0D\x0A...' for column 'message' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Statement.php at line 292
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 468
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 546
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\XenForo\DataWriter.php at line 1490
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\XenForo\DataWriter.php at line 1479
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\XenForo\DataWriter.php at line 1287
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\XenForo\Model\Import.php at line 292
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\XenForo\Model\Import.php at line 809
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importPost() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin4.php at line 1816
  10. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepThreads() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\XenForo\Importer\Abstract.php at line 77
  11. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 161
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 105
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 303
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in I:\PHP\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in I:\PHP\xenforo\admin.php at line 13

Okay still getting the same error on importing thread/posts. I'm using the vbulletin 4 import, do I need to use the 3.7 import instead? The error I'm getting is below and as far as I can tell is related to unexpected characters.
Be sure to use the latest version of the vb4 importer, it was updated to fix this as far as I know.

Be sure to use the latest version of the vb4 importer, it was updated to fix this as far as I know.

Ah, Thanks. I made the assumption that the VB4 Importer was built ontop of the 3.7 one and just imported extra stuff. Didn't realize it replaced the import functionality entirely.

Top Bottom