• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

best translation option

Ryan Kent

I have integrated Google Translate into my site. It works fantastic with one issue. When a page is translated, the user is logged out. As I understand the process, Google basically is viewing the site as a guest.

Can anyone think of a way around this? Have a token placed on a pc when the Google Translate button is pressed allowing the login credentials to be passed to Google somehow? The logout issue is a big one for me because my forums has a worldwide audience and many viewers cannot read English.

If this can't work, does anyone use a different means to translate their site on the fly for users?

Ryan Kent

Off topic: <your site is loading really really slow>
I appreciate the feedback. I just checked and my site loaded really fast even after a full refresh. I checked the site using http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ the result was T1 1.44Mbps 0.31 seconds for my home page. I can only assume it was a momentary hiccup.

If you are looking for the Google Translate I have it integrated into my nav bar (Translate)

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You can't stay logged in while using Google translate.

You can translate the forum using language packs. But that won't translate threads and posts. I don't know of any solution for auto-translation if your forum isn't accessible to guests.