Best Theme?

Aside from critics (or insults) expressed in this post , we use since our migration from vBulletin in 2015, UI.X 2.

In this thread you can see the evolution of our theme from 2016 onward:

This is the live version (with light and dark)

We bought and tested PixelExit (Bolt) from @Russ and tested AC.UI (got it for free from Audentio) @Mike C
And we found them pretty interesting (for different reasons).

UI.X 2 is really heavy as a theme (we did a lot to make it perform better). But never disappointed in 7 years of use.

Aside from critics (or insults) expressed in this post , we use since our migration from vBulletin in 2015, UI.X 2.

In this thread you can see the evolution of our theme from 2016 onward:

This is the live version (with light and dark)

We bought and tested PixelExit (Bolt) from @Russ and tested AC.UI (got it for free from Audentio) @Mike C
And we found them pretty interesting (for different reasons).

UI.X 2 is really heavy as a theme (we did a lot to make it perform better). But never disappointed in 7 years of use.
So is your plan to stay with UI.X 2 given all the work you've done to it or are you looking to switch to Bolt or AC.UI?

Would love to know what you found interesting about each. I run on Bolt, by the way.

So is your plan to stay with UI.X 2 given all the work you've done to it or are you looking to switch to Bolt or AC.UI?

For now we plan to stick to UI.X 2, migrating a theme so refined and integrated with every addon (3rd party and self developed) requires a lot of time. Maybe next year or when a major Xenforo version comes out we will evaluate a migration + a small redesign.

Would love to know what you found interesting about each. I run on Bolt, by the way.

AC.UI:
  • I liked the integration with Feeds and the overall approach to making the community feel more alive
  • They revamped the navigation (especially on mobile)
  • They improved the overall theme responsiveness (UI.X 2 is not that fast per se)
  • They make an efficient use of space (in threads and posts)
Bolt:
  • Really refined by default (i like that everything is "pixel perfect", the use of rounded corner elements vs straight lines)
  • Really responsive and fast
  • Is neat to have a "design mode" to edit the templates faster

Bolt:
  • Really refined by default (i like that everything is "pixel perfect", the use of rounded corner elements vs straight lines)
  • Really responsive and fast
  • Is neat to have a "design mode" to edit the templates faster
I've eyed Bolt for future use. Quite like the default look of it and I'm already a satisfied customer of PixelExit.

I've only ever used themes by Themehouse and PixelExit so I can only base my answer on those two options.

Both make excellent themes and frameworks that are easy to use and customize.

I've done A LOT of template editing and theme customizations on my current and previous sites and I'd tend to lean towards PixelExit as their framework is a little easier to use and, in my experience, more compatible with other resources (Themehouse add some nice touches and features but they don't always work as intended with other resources, so create more problems than solutions). I'd also say PixelExit themes are a lot less server intense.

I currently run a heavily modified version of Nova Dark on my site.

Saying all that, I've seen some excellent customization of the default xenForo theme and @BassMan and his customizeXF site have some excellent resources for customizing the default theme.

I never see the point in this kind of thread, surely the "best" theme is what suits your needs and how you can adapt it to look unique and work for your site?

since last year I was looking for best modern them for my 2 year old forum.
I agreed that most of top developers has outdated styles.

I currently use expensive theme of xentr.net :D which is Ryzer pro,[COLOR=hsl(var(--xf-editorFocusColor))] and planning to update to solfedge of @DohTheme [/COLOR]

Top Bottom