Best Theme?

Honestly.. if using XF I'd use something from Themehouse when hell froze over. I'm sorry, but I have about as much faith in them as a ounce of crap turning into a few pounds of gold. For some reason..they have sucked up to the teat that is IPS. And to top it off... they really aren't in the running. When it comes to theme, Ehren beats the total batshit out of them.
We dont do IPS, only XenForo. :) People like you are what kick good developers out of the community. Dont like bullies,.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

1670000627252.png

Understandable, just noting that we are supporting any themes we have, it was add-ons we sunset. No big deal.

We are tentatively planning an ultra-performant theme for 2.3. Im expecting something more interesting from Kier so we shall see what that looks like first. The theme would be free if we did do it.
Interesting looking forward to it :) Are you making any new addons? Maybe if you do bank transfer only?

I thought he left Xenforo?

Mike is stepping away (it is not the first time), Kier is staying

And only the bad ones stay, right?

That's not what he said or implied at all though, is it? There is a significantly lower number of developers and designers than there was previously, and I would say the skill ceiling has lowered significantly due to there being less people overall. I also do know at least with the people I stayed in contact with (or at least knew why they were leaving) that toxicity in the community was a big reason.

Designers got hit really hard, as I believe Russ, Ehren and ThemeHouse are the only designers from early on that are left, and most of the people who left are not even active on XenForo or with forums at all anymore.

I personally use the default theme in Xenforo, with customizations made by me. I like the fact that I'm in full control of my website design and its look and feel, and can customize it to fit my brand identity. Additionally, it's easy to update and maintain.

People like you are what kick good developers out of the community. Dont like bullies,
So ThemeHouse/Audentio changed their mind and now still likes XF? Remind me, wasn't it not that long ago that a certain individual with ThemeHouse was complaining about XF and the developers (along with a noticeably amount of whining) and there was the threat of "going off to buffalo" of IPS since they were "so great" and constantly "Improving stuff" (basically threatened to abandon the XF platform)? Which, considering XF is one of the larger current paid scripts was rather stupid.

Hmmm... what was that persons name.... hmmmm... something like Mike Creuzer if I remember....
I know it was bad enough that I simply washed my hands of ANYTHING from ThemeHouse/Audentio as there was not enough assurance of continuity. And yes, I WAS running ThemeHouse styles (think it was Drift which was a paid one and think I had one more.. but not even going to take the time to go to the support site to check as I have absolutely ZERO interest in ANYTHING ThemeHouse/Audentio any longer) at one time, and was already getting some "hints" of what might be forthcoming.

BTW, telling someone they wouldn't use one of your products until hell froze over is not being a bully. It's simply telling someone that there is no way that they'd use one of your products. You simply solicited more information on WHY I wouldn't. Me being a bully would be picking on you and asking you stuff like "do you have issues with being criticized and lash out instinctively by name calling and banning people that criticize you"... and then digging in on it by showing past actions that would tend to support that question.

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.47.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.09.46 PM.png

Yep... PixelExit's Blackened Pro really can be tweaked nicely, can't it. :eek::cool:
That's why they are one of my preferred style developers.

It's the nice little things like this that make them such a pleasure to deal with... they aren't apparently crazy about bloat in the footer.

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.49.06 PM.png

We dont do IPS, only XenForo.

Yes, pictures ARE worth a thousand words. Care to tell me where THIS one is from? And my my... what's that third product listed?

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 9.37.15 PM.png

Oh, since we are talking pictures here (just one of the small things that caused concern for me).
This was pretty much (for me) the nail in the coffin. I personally prefer to use a paid style (and add-ons) since I don't mind paying for them and also expect support for them.

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.19.02 PM.png
See, I didn't use many of the add-ons... so that wasn't a problem.... but we've seen in the past where ThemeHouse tended to take on to much and other aspects started being negatively impacted - resulting in wholesale deletions of add-ons from the RM here and slackening of the support. Granted, many of them were supposed to go open-source or such... but they also became very hard to find when compared to being listed in the RM.

Last edited:
Understandable, just noting that we are supporting any themes we have, it was add-ons we sunset. No big deal.

We are tentatively planning an ultra-performant theme for 2.3. Im expecting something more interesting from Kier so we shall see what that looks like first. The theme would be free if we did do it.
Thanks, I appreciate the clarification!

So ThemeHouse/Audentio changed their mind and now still likes XF? Remind me, wasn't it not that long ago that a certain individual with ThemeHouse was complaining about XF and the developers (along with a noticeably amount of whining) and there was the threat of "going off to buffalo" of IPS since they were "so great" and constantly "Improving stuff" (basically threatened to abandon the XF platform)?
I can't comment without having the thread locked or getting banned, so I'll bite my tongue. 😁 Short version is, I had to jettison an entire upgrade/restyling project from my own aborted experience with TH...

To the OP, though, I've used PixelExit on my oldest forum (circa 1997) and it's all been good. I'm even going to be using a heavily modified version of one of their themes for the project above.

I'm even going to be using a heavily modified version of one of their themes for the project above.
Apparently my restyling of one was so "extensive" that a certain TH person apparently thought it was one of theirs by trying to "point out" by saying:

1670000627252.png

Only problem, as was pointed out to him

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 12.31.56 PM.png

Confused Power Rangers GIF

Apparently my restyling of one was so "extensive" that a certain TH person apparently thought it was one of theirs by trying to "point out" by saying:

Only problem, as was pointed out to him

View attachment 278039

Confused Power Rangers GIF
Thats not what I was pointing out. :) Ill let others interpret what I was pointing out.

Posting and interacting with the trolls on XenForo.com is always an enjoyable thing. Happy holidays <3

Top Bottom