Best Theme?

Thats not what I was pointing out. :) Ill let others interpret what I was pointing out.

Posting and interacting with the trolls on XenForo.com is always an enjoyable thing. Happy holidays <3
Well, then maybe you need to work a little more on your clarity. Because it is CERTAINLY lacking. For some reason, people reading a post in an area talking about "best theme" and then seeing someone screenshot one would .... ahem... associate the image with the topic area.
If talking members/posts... not bad for only being active for about 3 months in a field that has limited people involved and no "advertising". Now, care to remind us who is being trollish if your comment was in reference to the latter?

Last edited:
Over the past decade I've used many different themes, but the two developers I trust most are Xenfocus and PixelExit. Both developers have proven to create excellent themes that are very easy to customise, and both developers have excellent customer service and are always ready and willing to help overcome any difficulties you may encounter.

Check them both out and see if what they have to offer suits your needs.

Over the past decade I've used many different themes, but the two developers I trust most are Xenfocus and PixelExit. Both developers have proven to create excellent themes that are very easy to customise, and both developers have excellent customer service and are always ready and willing to help overcome any difficulties you may encounter.

Check them both out and see if what they have to offer suits your needs.
Outdated and ugly styles

Best style? Custom

Outdated and ugly styles

Best style? Custom
I have to disagree, but that's my privilege just as it is yours to disagree with me, or others. Not everyone can afford a custom style, so one of these so-called ugly and outdated styles can be customised, much as I have done on my own sites (links in my signature). The quality is not always in the style (which you can customise yourself) but in the way the themes are coded that allow you to customise them and where core updates don't break them. If you have the cash to splash on a custom style great, but if you don't then these two themers provide you with the foundation to do what you will with them, and they are there to help when you hit a wall. For a small fee that is worth it.

Strongly recommended.

https://www.wjunction.com/ Can you find a style like this for $35?
Casting stones in glass houses... Except it's more lighting a match in a cardboard box beside the dumpster.

I don't necessarily like Tracy's style due to color choices and some edits, but it isn't the worst style. I also thing the edits you have done are bad, lower usability/UX and are arguably more amateur 🤷‍♂️.

But yeah, I could re-make your style in less than a day and fix most of the usability issues and release it for free, but it's not worth the time 🙃.

I don't necessarily like Tracy's style due to color choices and some edits, but it isn't the worst style.
You have to remember, I have to try to target my style in case it is used out in the field eventually by users that are doing actual captures at night... you definitely don't want "bright colors" destroying your night vision. That's why even the pastel colors (which I am probably going to dump) are not "high impact" in their intensity.
There is a "inside use" style (light color) under development, but it's not a real high priority right now.

Last edited:
Outdated and ugly styles

Best style? Custom

Well, that's rude :). To your credit, some of our styles are rather old. Heck Fusion Gamer was originally released almost a decade ago. I'm proud of the fact we're still here after all this time and most of all, still supporting our styles.

https://www.wjunction.com/ Can you find a style like this for $35?

It has a lot of changes to it, some design choices I personally wouldn't make but if you find the right foundation, you can get a good head start.

I created this on our Bolt style in about a minute. Obviously someone put way more time into the site you mentioned and has some really nice stuff but this is just an example of what a style can achieve with a nice foundation.
04fRbFN.png

I guess my recommendation for styles would be to do this:

First, try editing the default style. You might change enough to be happy with it.
If you want more control with built-in options, check out a third-party style. As an example, all of our styles come with custom properties to help move things around. We've done the work for you already, you just need to choose an option. Stuff like this:

1670698368345.png

These are pretty basic things, but they can change the header around dramatically with a few clicks. I'm fairly positive other third-party styles have stuff like this but I haven't seen what they offer.

We also have a really cool "design mode" that shows you what elements are and links to the style properties related to them so you can easily find what you're looking to change (doesn't cover everything but covers a lot).
designmode.gif

If anyone has any style questions, I'm always open to new conversations. Whether it's finding out what style a specific site is using or questions about if a style can do something specific, I'll be around!

Understandable, just noting that we are supporting any themes we have, it was add-ons we sunset. No big deal.

We are tentatively planning an ultra-performant theme for 2.3. Im expecting something more interesting from Kier so we shall see what that looks like first. The theme would be free if we did do it.
Best was your UI.X Pro, we paid hefty $140+ $ updates for it. But you discontinued it like no care

As an example, all of our styles come with custom properties to help move things around. We've done the work for you already, you just need to choose an option.
This is what I appreciate with Flat Awesome+-based style. I am a tinkerer and I can tinker and tweak without having to do more than figure where the thing I want to tinker with is in Style Properties. I've even found things that I hadn't thought of just looking at the options available.(y)

UI.X Pro was add-on + theme; UI.X is available and I think most things got incorporated into that (other than specific add-ons)?
Yep still supported also ironically. The times call for new things. We launched Ace, a modern take on ui.x pro, gave it away for free. Too toxic/difficult to support here so I didn't create a resource for it but we have hundreds of sites who use it. Ars Technica launched with it for example.

Themes aren't really what they used to be, people just want something fast and not in anyone's way or as unopinionated as possible. Redditlike or twitter.

Most the addons in ui.x pro we reposted as free also or open sourced. The uix pro theme is now in uix package.

Top Bottom