Best Hosts for XenForo?

OverHere

Apart from Nimbus & KnownHost, please recommend a few trusted hosts/server companies which have a good track record and are well set to host the XenForo script.

Thanks.

Switched recently to STABLEHOST
This
Your use of this service is at your sole risk. This service is provided to you as a courtesy. StableHost is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on StableHost servers. You can generate your own backups via the cPanel interface.

and this
Use of our services to infringe upon any copyright or trademark is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to unauthorized copying of music, books, photographs, or any other copyrighted work. The offer of sale of any counterfeit merchandise of a trademark holder will result in the immediate termination of your account. Any account found to be in violation of anothers copyright will be expeditiously removed, or access to the material disabled. Any account found to be in repeated violation of copyright laws will be suspended and/or terminated from our hosting. If you believe that your copyright or trademark is being infringed upon, please email abuse@stablehost.com with a valid DMCA request. If the request is of a licensing issue, we may require further documentation.

and possibly this
Failure to respond to email from our abuse department within 48 hours may result in the suspension or termination of your services. All abuse issues must be dealt with via troubleticket/email and will have a response within 48 hours.
in their TOS may cause him some heartburn.

Why would the Stablehost TOS cause Heartburn?

1. You do not do frequent back up of your forums? I know I do.
2. Why would you have copyrighted material on your forums?
3. Do you sell counterfeit merchandise on your forums?

SO far it's working just fine for $4 a month hosting. PLUS their customer service and replies have been pretty fast!

Why would the Stablehost TOS cause Heartburn?

1. You do not do frequent back up of your forums? I know I do.
2. Why would you have copyrighted material on your forums?
3. Do you sell counterfeit merchandise on your forums?

SO far it's working just fine for $4 a month hosting. PLUS their customer service and replies have been pretty fast!

1. I will also

2. I don't, some spammer put it on.

3. No.

And, is stablehost reputable? It seems to have bad reviews?

1. I will also

And, is stablehost reputable? It seems to have bad reviews?

Search the forums here Quoted from December 2013 :
They are definitely a reputable company, and use SSD drives on their shared hosting. You should be pretty pleased.

Hey I'm not trying to sell Stablehost, I'm actually back with Mike Edge again!
My boards are SMALL and SLOW, so I don't need a premium package right now.

I'd like to throw Fresh Roast Hosting into the mix. I've been with them for close to a year now and haven't had any issues. Dave, the owner is very accessible and easy to work with.

MDD is another great host. I've had a reseller account with them for some time now. Before that had regular shared accounts and a VPS. Everything was great. Mike, the owner is also accessible and easy to work with.

I can recommend both without reservation. They both offer excellent support and accessible owners.

I'd like to throw Fresh Roast Hosting into the mix. I've been with them for close to a year now and haven't had any issues. Dave, the owner is very accessible and easy to work with.

MDD is another great host. I've had a reseller account with them for some time now. Before that had regular shared accounts and a VPS. Everything was great. Mike, the owner is also accessible and easy to work with.

I can recommend both without reservation. They both offer excellent support and accessible owners.

I see, thanks. MDD looks a little expensive for their VPS's but Fresh Roast looks doable, but do they do a regular back up of their VPS's & do they have a customer forum?

I see, thanks. MDD looks a little expensive for their VPS's but Fresh Roast looks doable, but do they do a regular back up of their VPS's & do they have a customer forum?
Yeah that's why I closed my VPS with MDD. It ran great just the HD space vs. price was an issue for me.

I believe FRH does daily backups. I have my own off-site backup system in place so I don't rely on their backups. AFAIK FRH does not have a forum.

Top Bottom