Best CMS

Interesting web design. The Fork CMS. Love that Poseidon. I might give it a try.

Concrete5 has been the most productive CMS I've ever installed for my casual team. While Contao is my personal favourite right now. It's quite strange how they do things. But once I got used to it I really love it.

I don't like wordpress, I had something like 10 blogs using it that I had to shut down because they were constantly getting compromised. The majority of it's plugins that are useful are very vulnerable to exploitation, the only way your safe is if you write the plugin's yourself or don't use any at all.

I really Like Anchor CMS, It is an awesome blogging/cms platform BUT it isn't stable yet so it is riddled with bugs.

What a useless CMS! I can't even install it in a subfolder :( in other words, completely out of the question.
What is the point of installing a CMS outside of root? They're meant to be the main interaction layer of your site, and have everything else integrated or managed through it. It is like this with pretty much every CMS that is worth the title.

I'm a few days late to this topic but I'll go ahead and promote my favorite system... Expression Engine. I don't think you can find a better system to be honest. It's a commercial product but is worth every single penny in my opinion.

I'm a few days late to this topic but I'll go ahead and promote my favorite system... Expression Engine. I don't think you can find a better system to be honest. It's a commercial product but is worth every single penny in my opinion.

Did you recently get your EE site hacked and defaced several times?

It's no good if the CMS system has exploits, hacks and they just write blanket statement that Expression Engine has no security flaws.

Case point #1.
How many custom themes are available for Expression Engine vs. XenForo? At what cost and price are they? Why are there so few vendors vs. so many in XenForo? Did you see that many of them discontinued support when those theme sites got hacked?

Case point #2.
Since many of these themes, plug-ins and code-snipplets use older EE engine. What happened? Were the authors unable to upgrade them? Why not? Why do they sell older things that have security vulnerabilities in them? Why is it that XenForo looks at security more seriously than ExpressionEngine developers?

Case point #3.
How many useful custom plugins are there for EE vs. XenForo?
For less than a thousand, I can get almost all the stuff I need for spanking Blog, Wiki and Forum engine all in one.
How much would it cost if your site got defaced, your MySQL data hacked and server compromised?
Who is responsible? If nobody is, it's time to move on and remove Expression Engine from your servers.

Case point #4.
Did anyone see any ExpressionEngine forums lately other than the vendor's?
Perhaps they were defaced regularly and nobody could make a decent forum (with skins, themes, plug-ins) and decent spam-filter that actually worked for ExpressionEngine. Either it was too expensive (EE + Portal + Forum + Wiki + Skins + Wiki Skin + Forum Skin) vs. XenForo + XenCarta + XenPorta + Skin + Custom coding).

Case point #5.
Did anyone use their Expression Engine sites from mobile and find that due to Mobile DNS, you cannot login?

Case point #6.
Who is accountable for security exploits if the ExpressionEngine vendor updates their works and those 3rd party vendors refuse to update their plug-ins?

Case point #7.
No security vulnerabilities eh?

http://www.osvdb.org/

IDDisc DateTitle
84453 2012-07-19 CodeIgniter system/core/Security.php xss_clean() Function XSS Protection Bypass

77415 2011-11-28 EllisLab Multiple Product xss_clean() Function XSS
77412 011-10-17 EllisLab ExpressionEngine Unspecified XSS
61995 2007-12-01 CodeIgniter user_agent Global XSS Filter Bypass
52845 2009-01-28 ExpressionEngine system/index.php avatar Parameter XSS
41585 2008-01-03 ExpressionEngine index.php URL Parameter XSS
43419 2008-01-03 ExpressionEngine index.php URL Parameter CLRF
40409 2007-10-08 Perl Regular Expression Engine (regcomp.c) Polymorphic opcode Support UTF Regexp Handling Remote Overflow
22724 2006-01-24 ExpressionEngine index.php $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] XSS

Every CMS I have ever used is a nightmare. Wordpress included.

It takes 3 or 4 extra clicks and page loads to do simple things in the WP admin panel. Not to mention, the CSS in the default skin looks like it was designed by a college student with something to prove. It's overblown with CSS, doing things in complicated ways simply to prove that they COULD; without evidence of it actually being BETTER.

Maybe a topic for a different thread gents ... ;)

[Edit: To give this a frame of reference (since the mods haven't ;) ) these posts were originally in the XF lawsuit thread.]
Thank you so much.. I was just like, what a weird start to a thread..lol

as for the "best" CMS, it's what you make of it like others have said.
There are 1000's of options if you want to use something that's already built but your best bet would be something custom to your site IMO if the budget allows.

EE was great when it came out, but it seems to be dying.

I think the "community" (online) is fairly dead, but the software is alive and making some decent $$$.
http://trends.builtwith.com/cms

That's a HIGH percentage for a relatively expensive CMS......
http://trends.builtwith.com/cms/ExpressionEngine

As far as vendors, there is no competition - EE has some REAL add-on vendors. What I mean by that is real companies with more than one full time employee who have been writing and standing behind their software for many many years. Example:
http://www.solspace.com/

Hmm, 10,000 pros using their add-ons?

Realistically, you can't compare EE to XF. XF is a forum, and a far superior one - but relatively new. EE is a fairly mature CMS more aimed at the commercial market...that is, web developers who create sites for companies, as opposed to individuals like you and I.

Apples and Oranges, for sure. At the time I moved to EE - which was 2003, I looked around and the forum was as good or better than any, and I liked the idea of moving slowly into the CMS. But they really never updated the forum - the basics of it are still 2003 code.

All CMS are good, none are perfect ... but those who score high on the "content management" are Joomla, WordPress and Drupal. They are the most prominent in this category every software has an advantage over the other ...

I think the best CMS, would be a combination of WordPress, Drupal and Joomla. It also highlights DotNetNuke, Sitecore and Sitefinity are very good including three ... I'll DotNetNuke

Top Bottom