1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Cheap VPS?

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by AppleAndMango, May 21, 2015.

1. AppleAndMango

AppleAndMango Active Member

Hello!

There's a lot of VPS hosts out there soooo I'm looking for help.

I'd like a Windows VPS I can remote desktop into as I would like to also run a game server every once in awhile as well as the site.

Advice which host to choose?

Thanks!

2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

What game are you planning on running? I don't really know many VPS hosts (especially not Windows) that allow you to run gameservers. You might be better off getting a small, cheap dedicated server. Of course that's going to raise your budget, but that might be your only option.

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  3. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

You don't have to use Windows to remote desktop with it. Things like tigervnc are easy to set up.
    Anyways, try lowendbox.com

4. AppleAndMango

AppleAndMango Active Member

The original idea was to purchase a windows VPS to install and run games as well as a forum but I scrapped that idea as it's much cheaper to just go for a linux based VPS and a separate game server, thanks for the help though dudes :)

WSWD likes this.
  5. Sembrik

Sembrik Member

AppleAndMango likes this.
  6. Puntocom

Puntocom Well-Known Member

I'm happy with www.tilaa.com (NL KVM hosting), really good support, they also have presence freenode. I also heard really good things about Vultr.

7. Tower

Tower Active Member

1) Linode- Great unmanaged hosting that has a very good track record, daily backups http://www.linode.com
    2) Digital Ocean - Another great solution, cheap too http://www.digitalocean.com
    3) Vultr- Another good service but use your own backups http://www.vultr.com
    Not sure how vultr is expensive, unless you expect to pay a dime for premium service.

8. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Linode
    Ramnode
    DigitalOcean

and you may forget about Vultr ;)

9. pmflav

pmflav Active Member

+1 digitalocean

maszd likes this.
  10. TheBoss

TheBoss Well-Known Member

articnetworks.com

Simply outstanding...

11. maplewang

maplewang Member

12. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

If you get DigitalOcean just use a different email client (e.g. Mandrill) since most of their IPs are blacklisted as spam with major email clients such as gmail/yahoo.

RoldanLT likes this.
  13. eberkund

eberkund Active Member

I use DigitalOcean

14. RoldanLT

Try Linode or RamNode.
    DO has slower CPU and SSD.

15. Moscato

Moscato Active Member

Linode is nice =D

16. eberkund

eberkund Active Member

Aren't they more expensive? I am on the $5/plan and don't really need anything more.

17. Moscato

Moscato Active Member

Linode 10$ plan has similar ram and storage to other comparable companies, but tends to be more consistent in networking, IO, and cpu available

If you can get by on a 5$ plan elsewhere, your project is too small for linode

18. RoldanLT

eberkund likes this.
  19. eberkund

eberkund Active Member

I think when I outgrow my 512mb droplet I will take a look at Linode.

20. Moscato

Moscato Active Member

Good call.