• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Best Cheap VPS?

Hello!

There's a lot of VPS hosts out there soooo I'm looking for help.

I'd like a Windows VPS I can remote desktop into as I would like to also run a game server every once in awhile as well as the site.

Advice which host to choose?

Thanks!

WSWD

What game are you planning on running? I don't really know many VPS hosts (especially not Windows) that allow you to run gameservers. You might be better off getting a small, cheap dedicated server. Of course that's going to raise your budget, but that might be your only option.

Solidus

You don't have to use Windows to remote desktop with it. Things like tigervnc are easy to set up.
Anyways, try lowendbox.com

The original idea was to purchase a windows VPS to install and run games as well as a forum but I scrapped that idea as it's much cheaper to just go for a linux based VPS and a separate game server, thanks for the help though dudes :)

Moshe1010

If you get DigitalOcean just use a different email client (e.g. Mandrill) since most of their IPs are blacklisted as spam with major email clients such as gmail/yahoo.

Moscato

Aren't they more expensive? I am on the $5/plan and don't really need anything more.
Linode 10$ plan has similar ram and storage to other comparable companies, but tends to be more consistent in networking, IO, and cpu available

If you can get by on a 5$ plan elsewhere, your project is too small for linode