Implemented "Best answer" function.

bookmark

Typically,many users will create a thread to ask some questions and others will answer with posts.This is very popular in many forums.
I need the "Best answer" button in every following post and the thread creator could choose which would be the best answer for him.
It will more efficient if other users have similar question and they can find the answers quickly.

I don't know whether I states clearly.;)

Upvote 52
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I knew about that.

Kier, Aug 12, 2010.
Times have changed.
And that somehow means Kier's not doing any more? Unless I'm mistaken, that was his last statement on the matter and until a post from Kier or Mike denies they are still doing it, it's still "in the future" for XenForo but with no specifics in timing.

For all we know it could be in XF 1.2, or 1.3, or 2.0. Nowhere does it say it's off the table.

If its not in 1.2, would anyone want to go in with me to get a developer to make this add on? I really think something like this could make your site dominant in SEO for your topic.

So this would basically be an extension of a post up/down vote system, but the post would be ordered by votes, then date? If so, I might have something that would fit that description.

So this would basically be an extension of a post up/down vote system, but the post would be ordered by votes, then date? If so, I might have something that would fit that description.
Essentially, yes. But it would also be great if the add-on includes the trophy system like dextr outlined above:
Yes Quora is perhaps the very evolution the Q&A section needs.

Credit points for each "Top Rated" answer given by a member.
Consolation points for "Helpful" answers given by members.

Monthly trophy to top credit earners.
Top Credit scorers earn the title of Subject Matter Experts (or something) in the Section which they contribute the most to.

As you "Answering Rep" goes up .. you start to earn extra credit points.

If it would be possible, I would order it by the top 2 vote-getters, label them "Best Chosen Answer" and "Possible Alternative", then have the rest of the voted upon answers in descending order, with replies with 0 votes at the end in chronological order.

And that somehow means Kier's not doing any more? Unless I'm mistaken, that was his last statement on the matter and until a post from Kier or Mike denies they are still doing it, it's still "in the future" for XenForo but with no specifics in timing.
I was making sure the poster wasn't bullish on it making it into 1.2

For all we know it could be in XF 1.2, or 1.3, or 2.0. Nowhere does it say it's off the table.
I never said it was off the table.
I just think this niche request is likely low on the totem poll with much more core forum functions outstanding.
IMO.

This idea would make an solid Addon.

I was making sure the poster wasn't bullish on it making it into 1.2

I never said it was off the table.
I just think this niche request is likely low on the totem poll with much more core forum functions outstanding.
IMO.

This idea would make an solid Addon.
I think it's a prime add-on not a piece of core-functionality.

You need to log in to the Customer Area with the username and password you set when you purchased your XenForo license: http://xenforo.com/customers

Then go to "Forum Users" and enter your forum name: HardCore15.

Once you've done that, you will be able to post everywhere in the forum and download resources.

If you haven't yet purchased a license, you can do so here: http://xenforo.com/purchase

This is something I was planning on making an addon for, based on requirements here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/mark-post-as-answer-mark-thread-as-answered.30626/

However, if this is something that will be built in, I don't want to waste my time. Would be nice to know if this is something in the works any time soon.
We all would like to know what the developers are thinking, of course! But, do not let that stop you from pioneering something great for the rest of us. :cool:

We all would like to know what the developers are thinking, of course! But, do not let that stop you from pioneering something great for the rest of us. :cool:
It would really suck for me to spend what little free time I have developing something that will be a core feature before I finish or right after I finish.

Yeah I want this option when starting a thread.

Is your thread a:

Question?
or a
Discussion?

Question threads - can have best answers floated to the top and get closed by the OP or moderators
Discussion threads - can flow chronologically

Yeah I want this option when starting a thread.

Is your thread a:

Question?
or a
Discussion?

Question threads - can have best answers floated to the top and get closed by the OP or moderators
Discussion threads - can flow chronologically
This is exactly what I was thinking.

Top Bottom