• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Tag Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suggestion for this, if it is not already included.

Would you be able to add the ability for the tagged posts to show up in the tagged member's newsfeed (similar to how quotes does the same thing)? It would be even more useful to me if that were the case!

Thanks for this!

Too complicated with my Javascript skill :D
How is your javascript now? ;)

Are you ready to update this mod with the auto-complete feature as in XF?
I notice a lot of my members like this feature but often they put in the wrong username (typo, they tag my first name only, etc)

I would be willing to fund this to upgrade the abilities a bit. Would actually be nice to have a mini twitter within xenforo with the status buts.

I have a suggestion for this, if it is not already included.

Would you be able to add the ability for the tagged posts to show up in the tagged member's newsfeed (similar to how quotes does the same thing)? It would be even more useful to me if that were the case!

Thanks for this!

awesome idea! I'll second this motion :cool:

Love the mod. Altho reckon there is anyway to remove the @ sign once the post is made? The post can be edited and the sign removed manually and the tag still sticks I'm sure it cant be that complicated to remove it on post automatically?

Ya known, this complements the alert system so well it should be part of core I recon. Added this to the forum from day one, and its just become a big big part of the place

Just installed this bad boy and so far so good! Looking forward to seeing this developed even further. Including some of the auto suggest features.

So far, I have been extremely impressed with the xenForo community. Keep it up!

An easy attention getter if you wish to speak to someone is one, another option I see is user specific posts, or at least target user posts. Also the addition of a tag feature available such as is those on FB, Twitter, etc, gives more of a social feel to the community it is implemented on as well. [At least that is my personal perspective.]

An easy attention getter if you wish to speak to someone is one, another option I see is user specific posts, or at least target user posts. Also the addition of a tag feature available such as is those on FB, Twitter, etc, gives more of a social feel to the community it is implemented on as well. [At least that is my personal perspective.]
Well said, couldn't have put it better. (y)

Could users of this Addon describe how they use it and why it's popular ?

Certainly Can with examples:

Practicality
Something is broken on my forum, so one of my mods may say "Will get @Marc to have a look at it". I then get an alert to say my name has been mentioned with a link to the post in question, drawing my attention to it.

Fun
"I think that we should all get @Marc to do that bungie jump :P" . Again I get an alert to say I have been mentioned.

To say this is used all the time on my forum is seriously an understatement, and again it compliments the alert system extremely well.

Certainly Can with examples:

Practicality
Something is broken on my forum, so one of my mods may say "Will get @Marc to have a look at it". I then get an alert to say my name has been mentioned with a link to the post in question, drawing my attention to it.

Fun
"I think that we should all get @Marc to do that bungie jump :p" . Again I get an alert to say I have been mentioned.

To say this is used all the time on my forum is seriously an understatement, and again it compliments the alert system extremely well.

I love it! My users use it to bring my attention to all parts of the forum when needed. Great addon!

Just needs that little popup box of usernames when you hit the @ symbol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom