Resource icon

[bd] Rotating Ads 2.0

No permission to download
do you think I need something like google analytics for this option to be enabled or I am just guessing?

EDIT: Its not, I just added google analytics and its still not showing this field.
I tried updating the addon, it didn't work too.

Last edited:
I think I understand how this addon works. Your Current visitor country menu is from other addon, if you or someone else can tell me from which mod is that I will be thankful.

If I use the ad position Above Top Breadcrumb they both show at once, but if I use Above Below Breadcrumb then it all works fine, ie they rotate as expected.

Same issue with default style and all other addons disabled.

Can anyone help please?

Okay the Rotating Ads slider feels odd, if we set the slider PX dimensions, why does it cut the image instead of resize it?

Also what would be the template to edit to remove the spacing it causes at the bottom of the slider, or easier, put the slider buttons inside the banner?

EDIT: Okay there's many things wrong with the slider, the way when we put default sizes it does one major zoom to the image, then when responsive triggers generates white space because it tries to make the box squarish without resize the image. Hmmm

OhMh5t5.png

Last edited:
Is their a way i can get ads to display say like this rather than just all under one another.

|Ad image here| |Ad image here| |Ad image here|
|Ad image here| |Ad image here| |Ad image here|

I am using widget framework as well so ideally what i want to do is have something like above with small images in the footer of the site somewhere.

Okay seems the only way to it work correctly is to not setup slider sizes, instead add images all the same size.

Now, one thing that i can't understand: How to edit time between slides? it's very fast! How to remove the navigation bullets between slides? they are not at any template i found!

Thanks for your answers :)

Another question. This is an awesome addon but how can I remove the Ads Master fake user when using special second post position ? Why not just place the ads between the 1st and the second post?

Thanks for your answers :)
Another question. This is an awesome addon but how can I remove the Ads Master fake user when using special second post position ? Why not just place the ads between the 1st and the second post?

You can do that with the"message below" option in rotating ads.

The only downside is it displays underneath every single message. I've tried adding this to the ad_message_below template but it doesn't work.

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$post.position} == 0">
<xen:hook name="ad_message_below" />
</xen:if>

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get this add on to display an image underneath only the first message.

Alright, figured out how to get advertisements to only display under the first post.
Since rotating ads is hooking into the existing templates, you're able to edit the template from displaying unless certain parameters have been met.

On the rotating ads select 'message below' as the display location.

Then, go to templates for your current style and edit ad_message_below like so:

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 AND !{$message.conversation_id}">
<xen:hook name="ad_message_below" />
The above xen:if statement says if the post position is the first one it'll display it but no other ones. This also prevents the advertisement from displaying in the Conversations.

To only have an advertisement display on the homepage (forum view page) edit the template of the location that you'll be displaying the ad.

For instance if it's ad_above_top_breadcrumb edit the template like this:

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'forum_list'">
<xen:hook name="ad_above_top_breadcrumb" />

Good luck!

Top Bottom