Resource icon

[bd] Rotating Ads 2.0

No permission to download
My adsense was just disabled and I think it had to do with this add on because of the way they said I was violating format rules which is ridiculous. I will let you know more when I get more info. In the meantime what are some alternatives to adsense?

My adsense was just disabled and I think it had to do with this add on because of the way they said I was violating format rules which is ridiculous. I will let you know more when I get more info. In the meantime what are some alternatives to adsense?
will I've been using it with addsens for long time now and it causes no problem up to know though .
the problem is you're only allowed to post no more than three add unite per page and with this addon you can't control that specially if you used the message body
the add will show for as many post per thread , more than 10 sometimes , you'll only be able to see three adds while the rest are there but hidden
this is what i think

so you either risk using putting more than three add unite or you use the addon carefully
don't use the message body option and make sure at any page at your forum no more than three adds ( code ) are shown

will I've been using it with addsens for long time now and it causes no problem up to know though .
the problem is you're only allowed to post no more than three add unite per page and with this addon you can't control that specially if you used the message body
the add will show for as many post per thread , more than 10 sometimes , you'll only be able to see three adds while the rest are there but hidden
this is what i think

so you either risk using putting more than three add unite or you use the addon carefully
don't use the message body option and make sure at any page at your forum no more than three adds ( code ) are shown

Here are the 2 messages they sent me... Format mimicking? I just pasted the code into the rotating ads add on, no formatting was done at all!
Home  Google AdSense.webp Home  Google AdSense1.webp

Ok here is my question for the people that are using it. What size banners are you using? I use 468X60, or was before the update. With Rotating ads on, if I view it on my phone it will fit the banner to the screen which shrinks the website itself. How is everyone dealing with that?

Thanks
James

Here are the 2 messages they sent me... Format mimicking? I just pasted the code into the rotating ads add on, no formatting was done at all!
View attachment 53537 View attachment 53538
People often get those warning if they use the second post position. However, the mentioned link is for forum_view and directory (is that an add-on?) so it's not clear for now. Which positions are you using?

Does this work with XenForo 1.2 ?
Yes.

People often get those warning if they use the second post position. However, the mentioned link is for forum_view and directory (is that an add-on?) so it's not clear for now. Which positions are you using?

Yes.

Is there a way to make it recognize the screen size with the responsive set up so that it will display the proper size ad? I really want to turn this back on. The only option I see that I have right now would be to use smaller banners so that they fit all sizes.

James

Is there a way to make it recognize the screen size with the responsive set up so that it will display the proper size ad? I really want to turn this back on. The only option I see that I have right now would be to use smaller banners so that they fit all sizes.

James
Unfortunately you cannot recognize the screen size at render time from the server. There are information from Google regarding this:

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/3213689?hl=en

Unfortunately you cannot recognize the screen size at render time from the server. There are information from Google regarding this:

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/3213689?hl=en

Damn. I don't use Adsense for my banner under my header. I sell the ads and or just put what I want there. But I was using a size that is way too big for a cell phone in responsive. I think I will have to go to a smaller size ad.

James

Damn. I don't use Adsense for my banner under my header. I sell the ads and or just put what I want there. But I was using a size that is way too big for a cell phone in responsive. I think I will have to go to a smaller size ad.

James
Sorry I misread your earlier message. Yes, if you are self-serving the ads then there is not much choice right now. Maybe a new version will be released to address the issue ;)

Sorry I misread your earlier message. Yes, if you are self-serving the ads then there is not much choice right now. Maybe a new version will be released to address the issue ;)

Ok I will use smaller adds and keep hitting refresh on my browser, just in case a new version comes out. :D

James

OK, maybe you can do this, but this is what I'd like to see: With XF 1.2's Responsive Design, I'd want an add-on that could feed banner ads that adjust for the smaller mobile display sizes. If an alternate size isn't available, they default to "none." You can see my dilemma by checking my forums out in my signature.

If you can do this now, great.

OK, maybe you can do this, but this is what I'd like to see: With XF 1.2's Responsive Design, I'd want an add-on that could feed banner ads that adjust for the smaller mobile display sizes. If an alternate size isn't available, they default to "none." You can see my dilemma by checking my forums out in my signature.

If you can do this now, great.
This would be awesome!

@xfrocks is there a way to exclude ads from certain templates?

As has been pointed out elsewhere, Google Adsense doesn't allow you to display ads on various pages such as registration, search etc.

I tried to add Brogan's code here into the ad I use above the top breadcrumb but it doesn't seem to work, presumably because the HTML box is indeed for just HTML.

Top Bottom