• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Forum Watch

In my forum it displays all the forums if I go to watched, and there are no options to select or edit there.

It doesn't seem a template issue as it hapens will all 3 installed.

Any clue?

That's by design. You are supposed to watch forum in the forum view page. After you watched them there, you will be able to see them in the watched list with option to stop watching

What could cause the Forum Watch to not display the author's name, the forum name, and the message text?

I've seen this happen a couple of times now (1 - 2% of the total messages). Below is (verbatim) the first part of an email notice I got announcing a new thread.

-------------------

posted a new thread in your watched forum "" at Take Command and TCC/LE - Windows command processors.

"Kind of a out-of-curiosity question re. the "Function" command..."

This is the message they posted:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
{message}

To view this thread, click here:

This looks like the text version of the email (emails are sent out in both plain text and html). Can you take a screenshot?

Since your product is mentioned in the error message, maybe you can look at this. I'm getting an error when an external RSS feed's auto-post function is activated to retrieve an item to post.

I have XF 1.1.1, and, until this week, it worked fine. But I also installed your update since last week.

Here is the error:

Code:
Server Error

Argument 2 passed to ForumWatch_Model_ForumWatch::sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnNewThread() must be an array, null given, called in /home/theparac/theparacast.com/forum/library/ForumWatch/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 10 and defined

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ForumWatch/Model/ForumWatch.php at line 70
ForumWatch_Model_ForumWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnNewThread() in ForumWatch/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 10
ForumWatch_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1399
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in twittertopics/DataWriter/twittertopics.php at line 9
twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save() in XenForo/Model/Feed.php at line 468
XenForo_Model_Feed->_insertFeedEntry() in XenForo/Model/Feed.php at line 511
XenForo_Model_Feed->_insertFeedData() in XenForo/Model/Feed.php at line 538
XenForo_Model_Feed->importFeedData() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Feed.php at line 166
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Feed->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/theparac/theparacast.com/forum/admin.php at line 13

Suggestions?

Since your product is mentioned in the error message, maybe you can look at this. I'm getting an error when an external RSS feed's auto-post function is activated to retrieve an item to post.

I have XF 1.1.1, and, until this week, it worked fine. But I also installed your update since last week.
How did you setup the auto post?

Argument 2 passed to ForumWatch_Model_ForumWatch::sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnNewThread() must be an array, null given, called in /var/www/forum/library/ForumWatch/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 10 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ForumWatch/Model/ForumWatch.php at line 70
  2. ForumWatch_Model_ForumWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnNewThread() inForumWatch/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 10
  3. ForumWatch_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1399
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Post.php at line 1245
  5. XenForo_Model_Post->movePostsToNewThread() in XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php at line 375
  6. XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->movePosts() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Post.php at line 147
  7. XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post->actionMove() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/forum/index.php at line 13
We get this one when we try to move post to a thread, but we aren't in 1.1.1 yet, can it be that?

Here is the error:

Code:
Server Error

Argument 2 passed to ForumWatch_Model_ForumWatch::sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnNewThread() must be an array, null given, called in /home/theparac/theparacast.com/forum/library/ForumWatch/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 10 and defined

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ForumWatch/Model/ForumWatch.php at line 70
ForumWatch_Model_ForumWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnNewThread() in ForumWatch/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 10
ForumWatch_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1399
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in twittertopics/DataWriter/twittertopics.php at line 9
twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save() in XenForo/Model/Feed.php at line 468
XenForo_Model_Feed->_insertFeedEntry() in XenForo/Model/Feed.php at line 511
XenForo_Model_Feed->_insertFeedData() in XenForo/Model/Feed.php at line 538
XenForo_Model_Feed->importFeedData() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Feed.php at line 166
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Feed->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/theparac/theparacast.com/forum/admin.php at line 13

Suggestions?

I get the same...
Saw it when using Directory Forums
and I see it now in the Server Logs

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 2 passed to ForumWatch_Model_ForumWatch::sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnNewThread()
must be an array, null given, called in /home/xx/library/ForumWatch/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 10
and defined - library/ForumWatch/Model/ForumWatch.php:70

Stack Trace

#0 /home/xx/library/ForumWatch/Model/ForumWatch.php(70): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 2 pass...', '/home/xx/...', 70, Array)
#1 /home/xx/library/ForumWatch/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(10): ForumWatch_Model_ForumWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnNewThread(Array, NULL, Array)
#2 /home/xx/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1399): ForumWatch_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#3 /home/xx/library/twittertopics/DataWriter/twittertopics.php(9): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#4 /home/xx/library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php(468): twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save()
#5 /home/xx/library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php(511): XenForo_Model_Feed->_insertFeedEntry(Array, Array, Array)
#6 /home/xx/library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php(538): XenForo_Model_Feed->_insertFeedData(Array, Array)
#7 /home/xx/library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php(548): XenForo_Model_Feed->importFeedData(Array)
#8 /home/xx/library/XenForo/CronEntry/Feeder.php(15): XenForo_Model_Feed->scheduledImport()
#9 [internal function]: XenForo_CronEntry_Feeder::importFeeds(Array)
#10 /home/xx/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#11 /home/xx/library/XenForo/Cron.php(29): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#12 /home/xx/library/XenForo/Cron.php(64): XenForo_Cron->run()
#13 /home/xx/cron.php(12): XenForo_Cron::runAndOutput()
#14 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "[URL]http://xx.com/cron.php?1324257166[/URL]"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    [1324257166] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }

Nice looking mod :) Is it currently possible to assign rights to watch forums on a per-usergroup basis? If not, would that be something you'd consider doing?

New version has been uploaded in the first post. Please update the add-on ;)

Nice looking mod :) Is it currently possible to assign rights to watch forums on a per-usergroup basis? If not, would that be something you'd consider doing?

No, currently if a user can watch thread, he/she can watch forum. It's not something I planned to do but yes, I may add it in the next version :)

Hmm, yeah. The old version ignores that data. Doing it that way may cause problem with high traffic board so in 1.0 I reconsidered it and added the check. Probably I will add an option for that :)

Let me know when the option is added.
Thank you!

This only happens when the user is getting the text version of a new thread notification. Text replies are formatted correctly, as are HTML for both new threads and replies.
Sorry can you confirm the problem? Receiving the text version is not a bug, it's a client feature (it choose the best version it can display). You mentioned earlier that the username/thread title is missing, in your thread, it looks okie. I couldn't open the attachment btw.

The problem is that when you get the text version of a new thread notification, instead of the message text you get an unexpanded macro :

{message}

I don't know if this is coming from XenForo or from the addon.

The HTML version shows the whole message, as does the text version of replies.

Hmm, yeah. The old version ignores that data. Doing it that way may cause problem with high traffic board so in 1.0 I reconsidered it and added the check. Probably I will add an option for that :)

I would really like to have the option to bypass the forum read check before emailing as one of the things I use this addon for is a bot account that emails new threads and replies to our distribution list while we are in site transition.

Otherwise this addon is fantastic and making my users happy. :)

Top Bottom