• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Forum Watch

The new format includes full text of the message rather than simply notification that Joe Smith has posted a new message. This is the default in new version although it can be set to old version. Thanks!

What do you like in the new format that is not in the old one?

Agreed, being able to see the full text in HTML, which is part of XF 1.1, is super, super critical for me.

When do you think you can add it?

And how about a simple option for Admins to just check a single box to do this rather than go into each forum. Or have it on the Node level too?

This happens all too often with plug-in-type products. I've run into this with vB and even WordPress. It's very, very frustrating.

Basically this product basically needs an update for 1.1 to show the full message text. Is that hard?

I'm willing to pay US$50-75 for an update, I need this feature to get my discussion board off the ground :/

That's a bit much if you have a dozen or more add-ons and you want to treat everyone fairly.

But even a small donation would be worth it, if the author would finish this product and make it work for XF 1.1.

So, getting back to the main issue: Is this add-on ever going to be updated to support the full text email notices that debuted in XF 1.1? Will the author ever respond? Inquiring minds want to know.

xfrocks provides better than average support for his addons.
he also makes good stuff, which needs less support.
I think people are getting excellent support for the money they paid.

He is my coder and he has done excellent work for me. Must be busy with his own schedule. I understand the frustration but you can't blame him if you use his free mod and he can't be here everyday to answer questions.

I'm not expecting every day. I thought that every five or six days ought to be reasonable. More to the point, simply announcing the status of adding XF 1.1 compatibility would be great. Nobody is forcing him to do it yesterday.

Wait until you release your free addon here so you can provide a timely feedback to other members.
I think you expect too much from a free addon. The risk of not receiving updates comes with using a free third-party addon.

Read my lips: I do not write add-ons. I do not intend to write add-ons. I do pay for some of them, depending on their value to me and my business, and the regular nature of support from the authors.

Since several people here have asked about the full text fix for this add-on, I'd think the author can find 30 seconds to respond. Saying "working on it" or "check back in 2 weeks" or whatever the state of the project would be more than sufficient for most of us.

When you write an add-on or plugin for one of these apps, you merely need to make it clear at the outset the level of support you are prepared to provide. Simple as that!

You are making it a larger issue by assuming facts without evidence.

Top Bottom