Add-on Thread and Forum Watch Email behavior change Add-On

tjpeco

Hello,

I have recently migrated over a forum that has been in operation since 2008 into XF Cloud. Prior to that, it was a mailing list since 1996. The previous operators of the forum (before I took the technical reins) had a piece of software that would essentially email every post make on a "watched" forum to the users who signed up for the mailing list.

Native XenForo thread and forum watch functionality will only email you once that a thread or forum has been updated until the user actually clicks the link in the email to go to the forum. My users hate that. They want the "old school" way of doing things where the forum will email them every update to a watched forum or thread whether they've clicked on a previous thread/forum update or not. Ideally this setting could be optional per use in the "Watch" settings screen.

I did a quick look around the existing add-ons but could not find something that met the requirements. Would anyone be willing to assist me in developing this kind of functionality?

Thank you!

With some minor configuration this paid add-on of mine can cause an email for every update in a watched forum/thread.

I have another add-on which can cause users to be automatically watch forums they can view:

Both will require my free "Standard Library " addon to be installed:

With some minor configuration this paid add-on of mine can cause an email for every update in a watched forum/thread.

I have another add-on which can cause users to be automatically watch forums they can view:

Both will require my free "Standard Library " addon to be installed:
Perfect - this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Top Bottom