• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Forum Watch

OK... Minor glitch with the emails. The emails say the thread creator made a reply instead of the reply creator

Example as posted above, but now in a different forum...
Thread created by UserA
Thread replied to by UserB

Email says:
Admin,

UserA replied to the thread "XYZ" (in your watched forum "ZYX").

(When is should be UserB)
That was fixed. Please update :D

My users and I are getting emails even if choosing "Alert Only".
Anybody gets this problem?

Is there a way to only get notified when a new thread is posted to a forum, but not all replies? Good for an announcements forum, where you want to alert folks of something new, but people might not want to get email notifications of every reply.

Is there a way to only get notified when a new thread is posted to a forum, but not all replies? Good for an announcements forum, where you want to alert folks of something new, but people might not want to get email notifications of every reply.
You (and your members) can select thread only mode. Btw, an annoucement forum usually doesn't have replies I think :D

xfrocks, thanks for the quick reply. This is great news. Our announcement forums do have replies, so this is really helpful. It's a shame it's not built into the core. Seems they are leaning on rss...

I'd like to check this out, but would like to confirm the alerts-only mode works well for everyone now?

I have just installed this mod, watched one forum and when I goto /watched/forums/all I get the following error repeated 4 times:

Template Errors: forumwatch_list_node_forum

1. str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0 in /data/xxxx/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1079

Installed on RC3 and don't have the above problem.

How to we change the watched page to display only forums that are being watched?

Hi

Thanks for this add-on, I was looking for exactly this.
One question though: where can I find the link to manage watched forums (screenshot #3)?

Does this support the full message content email notifications now available in 1.1? I notice I am still only getting notification with link to new posting. Thanks.

Top Bottom