[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

How should I go about setting up the cname to change the attachment urls just like I had them when just using S3 without cloudfront? Do I use the cloudfront domain name in the record?

Sorry about that. I want to change urls from http://d39yi2312kn79s.cloudfront.net/ to attachents.trailpeople.org I already have a cname setup from when I was just using S3. Should I just make another one just like that except instead of attachments.trailpeople.org.s3.amazonaws.com. I use attachments.trailpeople.org.d39yi2312kn79s.cloudfront.net. ?

I dont want to switch. I just want to use a cname to change the url. I'm in the cloudfront console and it has a spot for adding cnames. It looks pretty straightforward. Just wanted to ask you if there were any specifics I should know about

Oh, so you want to keep using CloudFront but with your own subdomain? Then you create a new one CNAME to d39yi2312kn79s.cloudfront.net, then enter that subdomain into the add-on option.

I believe you cannot use the bucket name for that, Amazon server may get confused between accessing the bucket directly and accessing CloudFront (I have read weird thing about that, not sure if that still happens these days). Pick another subdomain name. CNAME it. Enter it in the CloudFront distribution. Enter it in the add-on option. Go.

Ok well... not at all surprisingly links are busted lol. Is that just an issue with dns propagation or does it have something to do with this...

Image 138.gif

I'm having trouble getting this to access my s3 bucket.
Code:
Zend_Uri_Exception: Host "tb_mybucket_data.s3.amazonaws.com" is not a valid HTTP host - library/Zend/Uri/Http.php:463

I wonder if it's a zone issue - Amazon doesn't give me options of "us-east-1" or "us-west2" like this addon has for selections. Amazon gives me options of "US Standard" and "Oregon" and "Northern California", so I picked "US Standard".

I've confirmed the bucket name is correct, and my access key ID and secret are triple-checked as well...

Got it to work, figured out that "Northern California" is "us-west-1" :)

Last edited:
Hi,
Just purchased this addon . It is great . Quick question : Is there a way to make sure the avatar images are also transferred to s3 please?

Thanks

Avatars are not stored in attachment system and they are not being processed by this add-on. If you want to move avatars, use this add-on [bd] Data Storage (you get a discount if you already purchased [bd] Attachment Store).

Hello,

@xfrocks thanks for your message. I now have both of them. And it works great ! Except, I have two places where I need to enter the same info for S3 now. (Config file and the db) Is there a way for AttachmentStore plugin to take the S3 settings from the config.php file please?

The reason why I am asking this is because we have different environments with different S3 buckets associated with them and having everything centralized at the config.php file as is the case for the data storage plugin would be awesome.

Thanks

Hello,

@xfrocks thanks for your message. I now have both of them. And it works great ! Except, I have two places where I need to enter the same info for S3 now. (Config file and the db) Is there a way for AttachmentStore plugin to take the S3 settings from the config.php file please?

The reason why I am asking this is because we have different environments with different S3 buckets associated with them and having everything centralized at the config.php file as is the case for the data storage plugin would be awesome.

Thanks
Sorry, they are two different add-on and cannot share options at this moment. Maybe in the future :)

Top Bottom