[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

Could this work with encoding.com to allow attached videos to get encoded and display inline with a streaming player?

Currently if users upload videos, then they just show as downloadable files. What we would like is for video files to be mirrored to encoding.com where they can be converted to streaming format and then displayed using an html5 player and played inline.

Seems like this addon has a lot of the legwork done.

Please take a look and let me know if this is something that can be added. I'm more than happy to pay for these features.

Could this work with encoding.com to allow attached videos to get encoded and display inline with a streaming player?

Currently if users upload videos, then they just show as downloadable files. What we would like is for video files to be mirrored to encoding.com where they can be converted to streaming format and then displayed using an html5 player and played inline.

Seems like this addon has a lot of the legwork done.

Please take a look and let me know if this is something that can be added. I'm more than happy to pay for these features.
Did a quick skimming and it looks like it's the same if you use this add-on or not. Basically their server will download the file and transcode if and save somewhere else. If you choose to use this add-on and Amazon S3, I believe you can make it a bit faster at downloading but because transcoding time is usually significantly larger than other stages, I don't think you will benefit much.

Did a quick skimming and it looks like it's the same if you use this add-on or not. Basically their server will download the file and transcode if and save somewhere else. If you choose to use this add-on and Amazon S3, I believe you can make it a bit faster at downloading but because transcoding time is usually significantly larger than other stages, I don't think you will benefit much.
Well, the difference is that the attachment store could automatically push to encoding.com and then display the player inline with the encoded file. Using http://www.videojs.com/ you could have an html5 player that would display different formats for different devices.

Well, the difference is that the attachment store could automatically push to encoding.com and then display the player inline with the encoded file. Using http://www.videojs.com/ you could have an html5 player that would display different formats for different devices.
Reading their document, I'm a bit worried about the transoding time. It may takes up to tens of minutes. Doable but will need to discuss more carefully, please start a conversation with me if you are interested.

Some of you guys have asked for avatar on remote server, after carefully evaluation, we have decided to develop a new add-on to do that (and more!): the new add-on supports avatars AND everything that is put into external data directory (/data), some example includes attachment thumbnails, Cache CSS file and so on... Because you guys have been supporting [bd] Attachment Store for so long, I'm offering an exclusive price for everyone who purchased [bd] Attachment Store: getting [bd] Data Storage at half the price $9.99. Just login with your account and you will see the discounted price immediately. Thank you :D

Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 11.03.03 AM.webp

Some of you guys have asked for avatar on remote server, after carefully evaluation, we have decided to develop a new add-on to do that (and more!): the new add-on supports avatars AND everything that is put into external data directory (/data), some example includes attachment thumbnails, Cache CSS file and so on... Because you guys have been supporting [bd] Attachment Store for so long, I'm offering an exclusive price for everyone who purchased [bd] Attachment Store: getting [bd] Data Storage at half the price $9.99. Just login with your account and you will see the discounted price immediately. Thank you :D

View attachment 69065

DUDE! Hey, let me ask you... Oh man I'm almost too excited to type... The biggest problem I'm having right now by far is that @sonnb 's XenGallery addon isn't working right with the Attachment store. XenGallery has this awesome feature where you can import all images in a thread into the gallery. But when using attachment store the image links get broken somehow. Would this addon fix that problem? Or is it a step in the right direction? Please @xfrocks I need you buddy. If I can get this issue fixed I'm gold. Please help.

DUDE! Hey, let me ask you... Oh man I'm almost too excited to type... The biggest problem I'm having right now by far is that @sonnb 's XenGallery addon isn't working right with the Attachment store. XenGallery has this awesome feature where you can import all images in a thread into the gallery. But when using attachment store the image links get broken somehow. Would this addon fix that problem? Or is it a step in the right direction? Please @xfrocks I need you buddy. If I can get this issue fixed I'm gold. Please help.
No, it's unrelated. I haven't heard of report of issues with @sonnb add-on. How is it broken?

Do you know the 'import to gallery' feature it has? If you are using attachment store this feature won't work. you click it and the overlay pops up and all the image thumbnails are broken. You go ahead and import anyway and all the images come in broken links.

Do you know the 'import to gallery' feature it has? If you are using attachment store this feature won't work. you click it and the overlay pops up and all the image thumbnails are broken. You go ahead and import anyway and all the images come in broken links.
Well, I don't use the add-on. That feature must be new because no report just yet. Can you confirm @sonnb?

And I also tried using cloudfront and xengallery wouldn't work at all. Deactivated cloudfront and it started working again

Top Bottom