[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

Adam, I use this with cdn.net for serving 35,000 attachments (17GB).

I have them loaded from data directory, and have the CDN set up as a pull zone. I then just created a cname to map my own sub domain to the URL they give, and all the attachments are fetched via that link when you change the data directory in config.php

Drop me a PC if you want, and I can show you the configs etc.
I've got 128,000 attachments / 21GB / 6TB per month transfer, personal question but what's your bill like each month, I'm doing okay on a nice dedicated server, I'm worried a CDN will end up doubling my costs... are we talking $$$'s per month for your transfers/storage?

I've got 128,000 attachments / 21GB / 6TB per month transfer, personal question but what's your bill like each month, I'm doing okay on a nice dedicated server, I'm worried a CDN will end up doubling my costs... are we talking $$$'s per month for your transfers/storage?
They are stored in the data directory on the VPS, and the CDN uses about 60GB transfer per month (there are lots of old attachments that aren't access any more). If you make the most of browser caching, it can reduce the bandwidth usage quite a bit of the regularly access attachments.

These are my costs per day over the last week:
upload_2014-1-27_13-12-31.webp

@xfrocks Did you think, or do you have any plans adding an option to move the proxy images (XF 1.3) to a CDN or external server?
They are in the internal_data folder now and taking up a lot of disk space.

@xfrocks Did you think, or do you have any plans adding an option to move the proxy images (XF 1.3) to a CDN or external server?
They are in the internal_data folder now and taking up a lot of disk space.
Probably not. If you want to proxy image, you should move so those images to attachment. There are add-ons for that ;)

Any idea why the images upload thumbs don't show in post or next to images attachments, the link to the images still works using s3 cloudfront config

This is effecting my imagemagick watermarks and rotation abilities in XenMediaGallery. Basically it seems like when I try to add a watermark or rotate the image it doesn't do so immediately, sometimes it doesn't do it at all and sometimes it breaks the image completely. It works fine if I disable the addon and then upload a new image and try adding a watermark or rotating that one. I have the lastest stable build of ImageMagick, XMG 2.0.6 and Xenforo 1.3 Beta 3 and using suPHP. These are my BD Attachment Store settings:

Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 3.03.42 PM.webp

Last edited:
This is effecting my imagemagick watermarks and rotation abilities in XenMediaGallery. Basically it seems like when I try to add a watermark or rotate the image it doesn't do so immediately, sometimes it doesn't do it at all and sometimes it breaks the image completely. It works fine if I disable the addon and then upload a new image and try adding a watermark or rotating that one. I have the lastest stable build of ImageMagick, XMG 2.0.6 and Xenforo 1.3 Beta 3 and using suPHP. These are my BD Attachment Store settings:

View attachment 67149
External data mode should work without issues. It has been tested by me. Very strange. Please start a conversation with me with your site info. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A small bug to report.
Beside this addon, I installed the Photo Contest addon.
I activated the "Store file in External Data directory" option, configured the file format, migrated all my attachments, regenerated all thumbnails and now, all the thumbnails from the Photo Contest are broken.
I tried to edit the participations and the contest to get the thumbnails regenerated; without success. They are generated but as soon as the attachment addon runs (I chose the [bd] Attachment Store: Delayed Processing), it breaks the thumbnails.

Any ideas?

A small bug to report.
Beside this addon, I installed the Photo Contest addon.
I activated the "Store file in External Data directory" option, configured the file format, migrated all my attachments, regenerated all thumbnails and now, all the thumbnails from the Photo Contest are broken.
I tried to edit the participations and the contest to get the thumbnails regenerated; without success. They are generated but as soon as the attachment addon runs (I chose the [bd] Attachment Store: Delayed Processing), it breaks the thumbnails.

Any ideas?
Not much I can do because it's a paid solution. I'll need access to your site to check things. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I don't know why but the Attachment Store addon seems to link a Thumbnail file that doesn't exist anywhere on the server...

Last edited:
What are my options for storing Attachment Store data on an external server? Is it just Amazon S3, or does the "Store file in External Data directory" option allow me to store attachments on any external server? If I can infact store on any external server, I'd appreciate suggestions for cloud storage options other than Amazon.

What are my options for storing Attachment Store data on an external server? Is it just Amazon S3, or does the "Store file in External Data directory" option allow me to store attachments on any external server? If I can infact store on any external server, I'd appreciate suggestions for cloud storage options other than Amazon.

There is an option called "Store file in remote server (via FTP)" which allows you to virtually store it anywhere you have FTP access to.

Can I encrypt the channel via FTP in Attachment Store?

I can't speak for the spesifics, @xfrocks can answer that but here is a screenshot of the option toggled on:

9043006122.png

Top Bottom