[bd] API

[bd] API 1.6.3

No permission to download
Could this be used to connect vbulletin to xenforo?

I am migrating my big board to xenforo, but it will take many months before I have all the needed functionality ported to xenforo. (I run 110 addons on vb and xf misses many features that are stock in vb) It would be really cool if I would be able to run parts of my site on xenforo, while keeping the forum with profiles on vbulletin until I have all forum functions ready.
I'm thinking about running NoForo + various xenforo addons(blog, social groups, gallery) and connect that to vbulletin 3.
Possible but will need some work. Not sure whether it's worth the effort if you only need to connect the two sites for a short period of time.

As you can imagine, I do not have replacements for all addons yet. In total I need over 80 addons created for xenforo. Some minor. Some major. This will take many months to complete. Could even take a year. Ideally it would be possible to migrate in phases, so that I can start by porting over parts of my site. So that first I can port various addons like blog, groups, gallery, then the forum when thats ready, and finally major vb addons that do not have replacement in xenforo yet like links & downloads manager.

As you can imagine, I do not have replacements for all addons yet. In total I need over 80 addons created for xenforo. Some minor. Some major. This will take many months to complete. Could even take a year. Ideally it would be possible to migrate in phases, so that I can start by porting over parts of my site. So that first I can port various addons like blog, groups, gallery, then the forum when thats ready, and finally major vb addons that do not have replacement in xenforo yet like links & downloads manager.
I see your point but I'm not sure whether using a bridge will make it better or worse :D

Heh, I have already requested a number of addons from 6 xenforo devs and my devs are researching xenforo to create more addons.

The main bottleneck I see is that I use Andrew D's Links & Downloads Manager for documents, links, videos and audio. It's an essential part of my site with over 10.000 threads. Unfortunately there is nothing similar for xenforo. I have plans to have a XMG addon & importer created to cater to these content types, but this will take a lot of time.

Heh, I have already requested a number of addons from 6 xenforo devs and my devs are researching xenforo to create more addons.

The main bottleneck I see is that I use Andrew D's Links & Downloads Manager for documents, links, videos and audio. It's an essential part of my site with over 10.000 threads. Unfortunately there is nothing similar for xenforo. I have plans to have a XMG addon & importer created to cater to these content types, but this will take a lot of time.

Sounds like Resource Manager or Showcase is the perfect addon for those needs.

Sounds like Resource Manager or Showcase is the perfect addon for those needs.
Im afraid those are not. A tabbed display does not work for this. Neither has functionality to support documents, video upload, audio player, inline comments, link validation, multiple files and a lot more essentials. Plus the resource manager can only be used once on a website, so using this would negate all other uses. And the RM has a lot of different possibilities.
The closest thing I have foudn is XenMediaGalleryas that has a good display of an item and supports the upload and presentation of various media. But it will take some time to expand that.

xfrocks updated [bd] API with a new update entry:

Feature update

v1.2 (01-03-2014)
1.2/1 added support for one time token
1.2/2 added support for all requests in sdk.js
1.2/3 added GET /notifications
1.2/4 added `natural_reverse` order for GET /posts
1.2/5 added `post_is_first_post` for (post)
1.2/6 added support for multiple forum ids in GET /threads
1.2/7 added `user_unread_conversation_count` for (user)
1.2/8 improved session handling
1.2/9 improved HTTPS support
1.2/10 improved logging
1.2/11 fixed bugs

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi.

i have just installed this plugin and it seems very promising.
I am trying to do some testing with it with "advanced rest client application" in chrome but i does still getting 404 not found.

i will try to read /api/users
I have created a client with "API Key" and "API Secret"

what do i need to enter in Query parameters to get some data ?

If you're getting 404, you will need to copy .htaccess file from the XenForo root directory into api directory.

Hi.

i have just installed this plugin and it seems very promising.
I am trying to do some testing with it with "advanced rest client application" in chrome but i does still getting 404 not found.

i will try to read /api/users
I have created a client with "API Key" and "API Secret"

what do i need to enter in Query parameters to get some data ?

Great i figured it out.
what parameters should i write to get detailed information of a user?

Access something like this

Code:
http://domain.com/xenforo/api/users/1/

Where 1 is the user_id

Thanks, isn't it possible to get 3rd party plugins information ?
I have installed *******'s plugin "credit premium" and it has added a extra field to xf_user
and isn't it possible to lookup a user with his username and not userId ?

Thanks, isn't it possible to get 3rd party plugins information ?
I have installed *******'s plugin "credit premium" and it has added a extra field to xf_user
and isn't it possible to lookup a user with his username and not userId ?
Each add-on has to add support for the API itself in its own way.
And no, doesn't support username look up.

Top Bottom