Add-on Replacement for [bd] API

Gene Steinberg

I'm using the above add-on, still in beta form, to allow for upgraded member logins to the RSS feed for content (audio files) in our XF 2.0.x forum, via Resource Manager.

Unfortunately, the developer hasn't updated it in months.

And it's not compatible with XF 2.1, which prevents us from upgrading.

Anyone have an ideas of what we can do?

For prior versions of XF, we used the XenAPI to perform the same function, but it's not compatible with any 2.0.x version, and probably not 2.1.

We require this capability to continue to upgrade past 2.0.x.

I see XF 2.1 is out but I’m still in the dark in how to adapt what we have with the third-party add-on and your REST API structure.

This is holding back our ability to upgrade.

Any help out there,

I see XF 2.1 is out but I’m still in the dark in how to adapt what we have with the third-party add-on and your REST API structure.

This is holding back our ability to upgrade.

Any help out there,

Are you asking how to use the API, or really, what is your question? Do you have a software package that calls the current BD API?

We use the API add-on to allow for authenticated RSS feeds for the audio podcast files available to upgraded forum members. The member logs in with their username and password.

The feed works in iTunes and other podcast apps that allow for logins to receive premium content.

With XF 1.5.x we relied on a xen.api file.

With XF 2, xFrocks helped us adapt to the [bd] API add-on.

It is not compatible with XF 2.1 it seems. So we have to hope it may be updated eventually (the previous version never left beta 1 status) or make it work somehow with the API system in XF 2.1.

I’m happy to send the code we use to talk to the API via private conversation if that helps to make it work.

I wouldn’t know where to start.

XF 2.1 has features we want, but the RSS feed for upgraded members is a must. And I’ve not heard from xFrocks as to when or if the add-on will be updated.

@Gene Steinberg

You either have to wait for xfrocks to update his addon, or you have to hire someone to create sth. custom for you for 2.1 using the XF API.

Your situation is a custom situation and without custom development you won't have that.

I'm going to agree with @sbj here. It sounds like a complete custom solution at this point. I would recommend to hire out a developer or at least run it by a XF developer with your requirements and then get confirmation they can make it work.

I am hoping what I have can be adapted, as it was to meet the xFrocks add-on needs. Please open a private conversation with me and have a look-see. Then you can let me know what might be involved in modifying it to fit XF's requirements.

The budget is tight.

I would love to help, but I'm probably not your best resource. Just trying to provide some guidance for you. :)

Well if anyone can help, please open a private conversation and I'll see the code used to connect the RSS to our upgraded member area files.

Top Bottom