No permission to download
From what i can see in the code the add-ons mention in the error codes are:

ControlNoFollow
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/control-nofollow-urls.1389/

******* Comment Each Post
https://*******.com/resources/comment-each-post.201/

Digital Point Ad-Positioning
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/digital-point-ad-positioning.232/

I have just finished doing some more testing on my small forum.

I installed 2 add-ons. BbCodes & Buttons Manager and ControlNoFollow. And i am receieving the same error on my small forum. So i think it's between these 2 add-ons.

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: signatureHtml - library/ControlNoFollow/Listener.php:37
Generated By: joey_tbf, 5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/ControlNoFollow/Listener.php(37): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/server/the...', 37, Array)
#1 [internal function]: ControlNoFollow_Listener::templateCreate('thread_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#2 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(82): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_create', Array, 'thread_view')
#4 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(239): XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct('thread_view', Array)
#5 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(263): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->createTemplateObject('thread_view', Array)
#6 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/View.php(116): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject('thread_view', Array)
#7 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/View.php(127): XenForo_View->createTemplateObject('thread_view', Array)
#8 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2670): XenForo_View->createOwnTemplateObject()
#9 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2677): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->bbmGetToolTemplate()
#10 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2693): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->bbmGetTemplateParam('viewName')
#11 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1869): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->bbmGetViewName()
#12 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2005): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->setView(Object(ControlNoFollow_ViewPublic_Thread_View))
#13 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php(7): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::create('Base', Array)
#14 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/ControlNoFollow/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php(32): XenForo_ViewPublic_Thread_View->renderHtml()
#15 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): ControlNoFollow_ViewPublic_Thread_View->renderHtml()
#16 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Html', Array, 'thread_view')
#17 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'thread_view', NULL)
#18 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#19 /home/server/thebiggestforums.com/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#20 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(61) "http://thebiggestforums.com/community/threads/how-to-rank.12/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {

The only feature i am using in your add-on is this:
Capture.webp

@joey_tbf
I've installed the first addon and I can't reproduce your problem, but I've just had a quick test. Now, if you want to fix this error simply, just modify one conditional of the addon "Control "nofollow" URLs ". As it said in the error exception, edit the file library/ControlNoFollow/Listener (line 37) :
Search:
PHP:
if ($post['signatureHtml'] instanceof XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper)
Replace with:
PHP:
if (isset($post['signatureHtml']) && $post['signatureHtml'] instanceof XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper)

Ok that stopped the error codes. Thanks!! I don't recieve anymore error codes in the admin panel. It worked

Should i tell chris the author of the NoFollow? Maybe it's a bug?

Last edited:
Ok that stopped the error codes. Thanks!! I don't recieve anymore error codes in the admin panel. It worked

Should i tell chris the author of the NoFollow? Maybe it's a bug?
Since there's a conditional check, adding a key check doesn't cost a lot and might be more logical than only check from which instance the object is from. It seems the signatureHtml key is not in the original view params and is added after. I've added a piece of code in the Bbm to prevent this kind of errors in the futur. Here's the Github commit. But keep the "isset" check, it's harmless.

I am using Php5.5 and i am not using the permission.
Be sure to check your perms first, if you have click on "yes" for all in the XenForo permissions, the permissions will have been enabled. Your check must be done on a 3 levels: usergroups/users/forums. The issue has already been explained several times (ref).
P.S: the new version of this addon prevents the XenForo JavaScript "check yes/no for all permissions" to apply to the Bbm permissions.

I checked now all permissions.

My user permission

userpermission.webp

Node permission

forumpermission.webp

And group permission.

grouppermission.webp

Had only different settings in 2 usergroups. One is for guest and the other for banned users.
No group where i belong to.
Change even this 2 groups just to be sure. But don't change my sight of this thread.
With your addon enabled i cant see the pictures in them.

@teletubbi
Contact me by pm with an admin access to your board and, if needed (but this problem has been until now a permission issue), a ftp access to the bbm library.

@teletubbi
You forgot to check the XenForo Bb Codes parsing permissions that you had modified for several Bb Codes (see the screenshot). I let you modify them.

Attachments

• config.webp
    config.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 5
What a mess.
This did it.

But is a little confusing to have 4 different places for permission.

Merci
Actually there are two kinds of perms (by viewer/by poster). The view ones follow the XenForo logic (which explains why there are 3 different levels). For the parsing ones, I wanted to keep them seperated (they are not working the same way).

Hey cclaerhout, thanks for your great addon! I just installed it and configurated the editor-buttons. But some of the standard-buttons do not display an icon (any icons which was in a contextual menu before). Is there a way to change this within your plugin? kind regards

Hey cclaerhout, thanks for your great addon! I just installed it and configurated the editor-buttons. But some of the standard-buttons do not display an icon (any icons which was in a contextual menu before). Is there a way to change this within your plugin? kind regards
Which buttons / menus ? In the editor buttons configuration there are the default menus for the XenForo redactor editor and some "solo buttons"

This is how the regular editor looks (without the plugin):

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-10 um 17.57.00.webp

So, for example, I took the "Code" button out of the contextual menu and placed it in the main-menu:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-10 um 17.57.38.webp

The button works perfectly, but the icon isn't displayed :( (I'm using the UI.X theme)

This is how the regular editor looks (without the plugin):

View attachment 105758

So, for example, I took the "Code" button out of the contextual menu and placed it in the main-menu:

View attachment 105759

The button works perfectly, but the icon isn't displayed :( (I'm using the UI.X theme)
This kind of support should be provided by your theme developer ; check here for more information:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bbcodes-buttons-manager.48898/page-37#post-840107

Top Bottom