BbCodes & Buttons Manager

BbCodes & Buttons Manager 3.3.5

No permission to download
cclaerhout updated BbCodes & Buttons Manager with a new update entry:

Version 3.3.0 released

Version 3.3.0 released

This update has mostly been operated by Xon. He focused on the Bb Code pre-cache system (to make it simple, this pre-cache system can be enabled with some Bb Codes that have been coded for to get and cache all data they need in the page from a single database request, then to parse them using the collected data). The page loading time (for one that had a lot of Bb Codes) was reduced from 2s to about 0.7s. A big thank to him....

Read the rest of this update entry...

@cclaerhout I'm getting this error message when attempting to upgrade:

Callback BBM_Listeners_AllInOne::controllerPreView is invalid (Invalid Method).

And this error message on the forum page

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './dressedw_forumdb/xf_session.MYI'; try to repair it

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Session.php at line 855
  5. XenForo_Session->saveSessionToSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 573
  6. XenForo_Session->save() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 414
  7. XenForo_Controller->updateSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 358
  8. XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 354
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/dressedw/public_html/index.php at line 13

Try installing the addon again for the first error (this is a known design issue with addon installers), and you have a hosting issue for the second error. Your MySQL setup needs to be looked at.

@cclaerhout I'm getting this error message when attempting to upgrade:

Callback BBM_Listeners_AllInOne::controllerPreView is invalid (Invalid Method).

And this error message on the forum page

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './dressedw_forumdb/xf_session.MYI'; try to repair it

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Session.php at line 855
  5. XenForo_Session->saveSessionToSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 573
  6. XenForo_Session->save() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 414
  7. XenForo_Controller->updateSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 358
  8. XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 354
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/dressedw/public_html/index.php at line 13
1) the first problem is certainly coming from the installer you used to upgrade. Nothing I can do here. Upgrade again it should work.
2) your second problem is related to your server (may be not enough disk space). Check on XenForo (I am on mobile now) you will have to repair or truncate the temporary session table.

1) the first problem is certainly coming from the installer you used to upgrade. Nothing I can do here. Upgrade again it should work.
No installer. I manually uploaded the files
2) your second problem is related to your server (may be not enough disk space). Check on XenForo (I am on mobile now) you will have to repair or truncate the temporary session table.
This could be it. I reverted back to the previous version and will try again later after some investigating.

@Rambro I had also errors after updating with addon "install & upgrade" from Chris D. The solution was to update manually (like always by upload all files and then start update by local .xml).

cclaerhout updated BbCodes & Buttons Manager with a new update entry:

Version 3.3.1 released

Version 3.3.1 released
  • Check if some options have been installed before to use them
    Explanation: when you upgrade the addon, the files are first replace, then the xml is upgraded. The options are declared inside the xml files. If an option is not yet available (not installed) XenForo will return a null value, no matter your option was declared as an array. If in your code you use this option with a php function that requires an array and instead it gets a null, then...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How does BBM expect the behavour (utilizing Redactor API) to be attached to orphan buttons? I've searched but found no info on that. Is it even possible?

2 things:
1. When disabling guests permissions to view URL bb codes, is there a way to make it so internal links on the site don't get blocked, only external?
2. Would it be possible to hide links to guests but have them fill out a CAPTCHA to see the links? Would permissions for that be able to be stored in cookies so the user can go from thread to thread without having to fill a CAPTCHA for each link? Is something like this possible?

2 things:
1. When disabling guests permissions to view URL bb codes, is there a way to make it so internal links on the site don't get blocked, only external?
2. Would it be possible to hide links to guests but have them fill out a CAPTCHA to see the links? Would permissions for that be able to be stored in cookies so the user can go from thread to thread without having to fill a CAPTCHA for each link? Is something like this possible?
  1. No, it's not possible but should not be hard to implement.
  2. No, it's out of the scope of this addon.

1. so it can be implemented through custom dev work?
2. Not possible or can be implemented through custom dev work through this addon?
Find time and everything can be possible ^^
But as I said, the second point is out of the scope of this addon. If you need custom dev for your website, there's a dedicated forum for this.

I have a coder, thanks. I was merely asking if it's possible through custom work with this add-on. I wanted to ask before I brought it up to him...
Then he can code his Bb Code and add it as a wrapper of the XenForo url Bb Code. The permissions then can be managed from the wrapper Bb Code.

Last edited:
I've found that bbcodes that belong to the addon don't export to addon's xml, so it should be exported to BBM_BbCode_MultiBbCodes.xml separetely. Does this mean that the addon can't be distributed in one piece and its installation should always contain an extra 'import new bb codes' step?

I've found that bbcodes that belong to the addon don't export to addon's xml, so it should be exported to BBM_BbCode_MultiBbCodes.xml separetely. Does this mean that the addon can't be distributed in one piece and its installation should always contain an extra 'import new bb codes' step?
If you're asking me Bbm Bb Codes must be imported separately from one addon xml install file, then the answer is yes. I want the user to be aware of what he has installed, of which Bb Codes he is using or not. This way helps him (a little) to edit the Bb Code and configure its permissions.

You can still assign some Bb Codes to an addon to allow to create a Bb Code installer with several tags in it.

If you're asking me Bbm Bb Codes must be imported separately from one addon xml install file, then the answer is yes. I want the user to be aware of what he has installed, of which Bb Codes he is using or not. This way helps him (a little) to edit the Bb Code and configure its permissions.
I hoped I could bundle bbcodes that just work, but it sounds reasonable, thanks for clearing this up.

Hi,

How do I remove or hide editor buttons with this add-on?

See the pic below. I want to remove the image button from the editor, but it will only let me move the buttons around and add new spacers. How to remove or hide buttons with this add-on?

Thanks

Untitled.webp

Last edited:
Hi,

How do I remove or hide editor buttons with this add-on?

See the pic below. I want to remove the image button from the editor, but it will only let me move the buttons around and add new spacers. How to remove or hide buttons with this add-on?

Thanks

View attachment 119840
... move the button out of the editor selection area (below) to make it go back to the buttons selection area (above)

Top Bottom