BbCodes & Buttons Manager

BbCodes & Buttons Manager 3.3.5

No permission to download
Hi,

can I hide image-thumbnails for guests with this addon, so that the thumbnails are not visible if you are not logged in?

Hi,

can I hide image-thumbnails for guests with this addon, so that the thumbnails are not visible if you are not logged in?

I found it. Yes it is possible. In usergroup permissions, set the image related options on green.

hide_images2.webp

But this raises another problem. I have two subforums in which I want the guests to see images. These are subforums with FAQ and screenshots to help the users, if they have i.e. log-in problems etc.

How can I disable image view/thumbnail view for all guests in the whole forum, except in 2 subforums?

I tried it with "node permissions" for that usergroup, but it does not work. thumbnails stay hidden.

How can I achieve that?

Last edited:
Just installed this but a bit lost and confused.

I use default Xenforo editor (not TinyMCE) and have a custom bbcode already called [bible]

I cannot find any area equivilent to the HTML replacement field in default XF Custom BB Codes, in your mod.

Code:
<style type="text/css">
div.bible {
    padding: 10px 0px;
    color: #D97070;
    font-size: 16px;
    font-weight: 400;
    font-family: 'Roboto Slab',serif;
    margin-bottom: -15px;
}
</style>

<div class="bible">{text}</div>

My whole point is to simply use Font Awesome for this and couple other custom bb codes. Please explain how I can go about this. Thanks.

Hello!
I'm using plugin to create tag only for moderators. Before I've updated to last XF version, everysthing works OK. But after updating, I get strange error: while posting, mod-code shows correctly only first time, but after in 2nd page loading custom html code is gone. If I copy this post in this thread as second post bbcode shows correctly. I've record video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I could see this situation only with this post, and don't understanf how it happen?

How can I disable image view/thumbnail view for all guests in the whole forum, except in 2 subforums
May be this is my fault because I've used a negative phrasing in the permissions sentence.
In your parent node perms, when you answer to the question "Disable img Bb Code ?" => select the green box ('allow' => I allow to disable the img Bb Code).
In your child node perms, when you answer to the same question select the orange box ('revoke' => I revoke the disableness of the img Bb Code => so it will be displayed)

How would I create something like this?
[bbcode=option1]option2[/bbcode] ?

Please explain how I can go about this. Thanks.
Some examples have been provided, please refer to them or to the addon related resources.

Hello!
I'm using plugin to create tag only for moderators. Before I've updated to last XF version, everysthing works OK. But after updating, I get strange error: while posting, mod-code shows correctly only first time, but after in 2nd page loading custom html code is gone. If I copy this post in this thread as second post bbcode shows correctly. I've record video:

I could see this situation only with this post, and don't understanf how it happen?
Honestly with the provided data, no idea. I guess you applied a view permissions on your addon. I think you're editing a message of someone else, may be a permission conflict. I can't reproduce this issue on my dev board. But for your information, @Xon fixed last week a permission problem [ref]. I need to repack properly the addon with the good file hashes. I will release it this weekend.

Reactions: Xon
Hello I would like to know if this add-on can provide what I'm looking for. I would like to be able to label text/content within a post as "private" and grant permission to view the private content to certain user groups. Users without permission will only see the part of the post that is not marked as private. Can this add-on achieve this? Thanks. @cclaerhout @Xon

Last edited:
I was updating from 3.3.0 and this update caused a huge CPU spike on my server. Had to disable it for now. Anyone else get this? Definitely this add-on causing it. I can PM more details, if necessary.

z8nHp1k.jpg

Last edited:
@Case:
Could you try with the 3.3.3 version to reduce the scope?

If it comes from 3.3.4, may be try to disable the protection system to check if the miniparser update is responsable.

i meant is it possible to introduce the marquee with BBM? like when you add a new BBCODE (i never made 1 my self b4) is there a way to introduce the marquee, its also known as scroll text animation

such as found here: http://www.quackit.com/html/codes/html_marquee_code.cfm
http://www.tagindex.net/html/text/marquee_option.html

by default in HTML it would be like this

<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left">Your scrolling text goes here</marquee>

but how to turn that into a BBCODE

so instead of typing in that code u just type in [moving]Your scrolling text goes here[/moving]

and 3rd would it work the the TinyMCE editor? i know that xenforo only supports so many HTML tags but does it support this one as well? - or is there a way to introduce it?

Would like to see this also.

I was updating from 3.3.0 and this update caused a huge CPU spike on my server. Had to disable it for now. Anyone else get this? Definitely this add-on causing it. I can PM more details, if necessary.

z8nHp1k.jpg

Hi, has this issue been resolved? I have not updated yet because the problem would be critical for me on the shared server I am on. Cannot take the risk.

Last edited:
@cclaerhout

could you add support for Chat by Siropu [Paid]?

because some of your BBcodes from this manger cause the chat to crash, causing a internal server error page for all users. atm i have turned off the following bbcodes:
a1867631dc7b4974a8696848c6aaa409.png

Globally, but i need them throughout out my forums but i cannot afford it to break my chat if some one uses it. and chat doesn't support third party BBcode disable functions either.

here are my posts that explain in more detail in whats going on with some logs.

hey do i unlock the "Hide url Bb Code content"

for a specific forum? because i have this set for new members so they would stop leaching all out sht. but how do i overwrite this? because going to the individual Node permissions Revoke, yes, Never would not override the "Hide url Bb Code content" how do i make only specific sections to view links to all members?

Top Bottom