BBcode MediaSites Package [Deleted]

Amazon isn't working in this package, do I have to install it from the standalone package? Will that write over this one?

Amazon isn't working in this package, do I have to install it from the standalone package? Will that write over this one?
For now if you want to update it yourself yes and and yes it will overwrite it. Just remember that when you do update the pack after you will want to uninstall the standalone bbcode first.

Any plans to upgrade this? I think there has been couple updates on the standalone options.
I am going to upgrade the pack when it is 1.2 ready completely, before that can happen I need to do a few things to pay my internet bill and that before anything else.

I guess all I can suggest is to be patient because I have no other answers otherwise. Sorry man and hopefully I can get to this soon.

Did not see this elsewhere on the forum, but...would box.com be hard to add for embedding?
I don't know how to judge that as it is based on who's doing whatever task at hand, but if you can make the bbcodes it is mostly about the time it takes to make and test a bunch of different links to make sure you caught everything and now with responsive (box can be made to support responsive) you need to account for that possibility and when an embed can't be hacked up to support responsive you need to make a failover to display in it's place.

I can do it but it is going to have to be after I do a few things to pay the bills as I have pointed out above and pretty much things that will help me accomplish that goal in the next couple of days take precedence because if I don't make that goal, I *poof*. In the meantime I have been popping in here and doing random things when I need a break from doing bigger projects that unfortunately I will not be able to finish before my internet bill deadline.

We will just have to see what happens in a couple days.

It's no big deal, and certainly no rush--I was just wondering how involved it might be if I attempted to figure out an embed code on my own. With responsive view it definitely is more tricky to work with. Using box.com is not all that common either, which makes me think it may not be worth putting a lot of effort into it unless others would see a need for it.

It's no big deal, and certainly no rush--I was just wondering how involved it might be if I attempted to figure out an embed code on my own. With responsive view it definitely is more tricky to work with. Using box.com is not all that common either, which makes me think it may not be worth putting a lot of effort into it unless others would see a need for it.
If you are going to attempt one yourself, this is probably not the one to do it with completely for the degree of difficulty. The part of their api that makes this easy has been deprecated in v1 and not at all accounted for in their v2 api as far as I can tell and the the actual medias embed id is not on the page source anywhere.

I will probably skip it for now. ;) I did look at their embed codes briefly this afternoon, and you're right, as nothing made sense to me right off the bat.

I'll keep an eye out--if and when it's added, I'll be sure to update. If not? No big deal. ;) Thanks!

I'm getting this error in 1.2:

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Use of undefined constant html - assumed 'html' - library/MediaSites/Twitter.php:13
Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/MediaSites/Twitter.php(13): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Use of undefine...', '/home/theparac/...', 13, Array)
#1 [internal function]: MediaSites_Twitter::buildEmbed('367052014749888...', Array)
#2 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1571): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1536): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->_getMediaSiteHtmlFromCallback('367052014749888...', Array)
#4 [internal function]: XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTagMedia(Array, Array, Object(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#5 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(646): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#6 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(557): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#7 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(481): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#8 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(462): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#9 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(442): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#10 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#11 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/GlobalRss.php(43): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('OK guys this is...')
#12 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_GlobalRss->renderRss()
#13 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Rss', Array, '')
#14 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, '', NULL)
#15 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#16 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#17 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "http://www.theparacast.com/forum/forums/-/index.rss"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

How much do you need? I use your add on enough I am willing to throw you a few bucks.

Thanks I appreciate the gesture, but I owe way more than I am willing to ask anyone for. I helped someone with a certain aspect of their business and they are supposed to drop me off some cash today. Assuming that goes as planned...I should be all set.

Top Bottom