XF 1.1 BB Code Media Improvements in XenForo 1.1

This video looks at some of the improvements we have made to the BB code media system in XenForo 1.1, allowing you to embed media from a far wider variety of sources.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update:

Let's call this rapid feedback reaction or something buzz-wordy like that. Anyway, just a few hours after posting the last video, I have a little update for you :)

not sure if this has been asked/answered already... any plans to support embedding of tweets?

(i had personally love it if xenforo collaborates with embedly and use their API for such embeds. would make it very powerful)
OW! My eyes! I can't see your second sentence. ;)

This auto embed system will embed ALL thing that can embed, even the media site from Asia like Vietnam?
If you mean by automatically embedding a video from any link, I don't think so unless you specify the instructions in the ACP first. Otherwise I'm not sure how XenForo would know what to use for the embed code.

If you mean by automatically embedding a video from any link, I don't think so unless you specify the instructions in the ACP first. Otherwise I'm not sure how XenForo would know what to use for the embed code.
If this system can auto embed ALL link as I said, this is the BIG function that all others forum software wanted :P

Well it would probably be for whatever media site you have a definition for in the media sites definition's portion of the acp. Assuming you enter a definition for your site in question than yes it would probably work.

The auto-embed option is cool!

And someone asked about auto-embedding from less known sites. I don't think that should be a problem to extend, given the system already has the functions.

Then why you dont auto embed image too Kier? I think with this auto embed system (and many others great stuff), xenForo will be the king of forum softwares soon :love:

Haha that will make my life easier i got tons of people over age of 45 who always make that mistake while posting image and i have to manually fix them :(

Haha that will make my life easier i got tons of people over age of 45 who always make that mistake while posting image and i have to manually fix them :(
Yeah, same here.

A solution for the image auto embed would be awesome.

Take a look back at the first post for an update and a larger version of this video:

Just awesome, this is gonna get used a lot on my site and so very innovative of XF.

1.1 just keeps getting more awesome...

Kier, does the auto-embed take into account links within other BB codes? e.g.: Somebody doing a "Click Here!" link that points to a a YouTube page. Wouldn't want that switched to an embedded video instead of just a link.

Top Bottom