XF 1.1 BB Code Media Improvements in XenForo 1.1

This video looks at some of the improvements we have made to the BB code media system in XenForo 1.1, allowing you to embed media from a far wider variety of sources.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update:

Let's call this rapid feedback reaction or something buzz-wordy like that. Anyway, just a few hours after posting the last video, I have a little update for you :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great Job, Kier! I'm also prefer to have simply the embed in the post...the users doesn't like to have links.

not impressive, i can live with it or without it :D

thanx kier for the vid. still waiting for the cool stuff :cool:
Yeah, because you rather have a site with links that take your target audience away from yours to another site. Rather than have the various video sources that are out there embedded; Which keeps your user around, as well as provoke them to share the one they found, and not just that, but it adds to the experience.

A modern solution to sharing video in a community. Without having to go through hoops.

I am not saying XenForo Limited is new with this. But they're doing the Apple approach and 'doing it right'.

As admin all you have to do is set up a few of these once, and your users enjoy it for ages. You don't have to think twice about it anymore. Now, THAT.. is cool.

Just my 2c.

Floris just hit the nail on the head.
exactly.....and the community will continue to define media sites as they have before except now they have more options for sites to post up here...I know it is going to help me define some of the sites that have been kicking me in the rear.

Heh, if I'm not mistaken even though megavideo has the extra hash in its embed code, it's not actually required. If you try embedding a video with just the id it'll still work, although I suppose it's still a better idea to store the rest incase they ever change that in the future. Still good to show the flexibility though. It was more of revisiting content scraping for me. :D

Cool feature, whats the difference between this and that oembed that is pretty popular? Is it the same thing, only you have to go through and manually build your codes, where oembed has them all(mostly) predefined?

Take a look back at the first post for an update.
At CODForums, I have a lot of members just posting links to youtube videos. It has always been frustrating ['cause nobody's using the embed button on the editor box!]; I always had to edit the posts themselves to make the posts look presentable. So, this is a MUCH, much needed feature you made in the second video. Thanks Kier.

You have just made my job much easier now. :)

Yeah, because you rather have a site with links that take your target audience away from yours to another site. Rather than have the various video sources that are out there embedded; Which keeps your user around, as well as provoke them to share the one they found, and not just that, but it adds to the experience.

A modern solution to sharing video in a community. Without having to go through hoops.

I am not saying XenForo Limited is new with this. But they're doing the Apple approach and 'doing it right'.

As admin all you have to do is set up a few of these once, and your users enjoy it for ages. You don't have to think twice about it anymore. Now, THAT.. is cool.

Just my 2c.

not really youtube is the most used site in my forum, anyway many of my users already post link, but thanx to kier for providing the auto-embedding ;) its going to help a lot

not sure if this has been asked/answered already... any plans to support embedding of tweets?

(i had personally love it if xenforo collaborates with embedly and use their API for such embeds. would make it very powerful)

Top Bottom