XF 1.5 Batch Resend Email Confirmation

Live Free

I had a period of 2-3 weeks where my external email provider was not sending emails without my knowledge. I have several emails from users trying to register. It appears email confirmations were not sending at all.

What is the best way to resend an email confirmation so they have the opportunity to validate their account?

Is this best done through Users > Email Users >

and selecting:

Any Usergroups
Date Range: Range Server was Offline
User Status: Awaiting Email Confirmation

and including content from the phrase user_email_confirmation_body_text (notably the confirmation link).

I've created a test account that has successfully received the confirmation email when registering a new account.

Should work no problem, right?

There's do many for that to be practical, unfortunately. There's no other way to generate the link or batch resend?

Can I batch upgrade their user status? Move the User State from those Awaiting Confirmation to Valid? I see there's no option to change user state under Batch Update User. I suspect that remove secondary usergroup from unregistered/unconfirmed would have no effect since they only have those permissions and aren't actually a member of the group?

What would be the best way to do this, since I can't do it manually? Email users a short explanation and a link to site.com/account-confirmation/resend and have them resend their own confirmation?

What would be the best way to do this, since I can't do it manually? Email users a short explanation and a link to site.com/account-confirmation/resend and have them resend their own confirmation?
Without doing manual changes, that is probably the only option. Note that if they log in again, they will have a notification telling them that their account still needs to be confirmed (with a link to the resender).

Top Bottom