1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Banned Users Not Moved to Banned Usergroup

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Ranger375, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

I banned a member through the admin area, but noticed that even though it says banned, the user is not placed into the banned usergroup. I am running beta 5.
  2. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

I believe banned is now a state that doesn't require a usergroup. It is its own thing.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Presumably you created a "Banned" usergroup?

As far as I am aware, there isn't an option to automatically move a banner user into a specific usergroup so I don't think this is a bug.
  4. Ranger375

Does it reflect on the postbit that the user is banned? If so, I'm not seeing it.

My members are pretty much dogpiling a guy who was banned, just because the word is nowhere to be found lol
  5. Ranger375

Yeah, I guess I just have to physically move the user into the banned group....
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No it doesn't.

If you set the styling for the banned group higher than the other groups then moving banned members into that group will change their title.

Or you can do it per user.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

No, and that's very much intentional.
  8. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Sorry to necro this thread, but does that mean that if we imported a vB forum (I used Paul's converter), the usergroup "Banned users" can be removed due to it not being used by the XF software?
  9. James

James Well-Known Member

I'd assume so.
  10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you want to keep the existing users' "banned" titles, then it may be worth keeping. (We intentionally don't change the title of banned users.)
    EntropiaPlanets likes this.
  11. Floris

Floris Guest

The only downside is that when a user is banned, and you go to start a private msg, the input field dropdown with name suggestions includes banned members. A banned member can't get the private msg as far as I know.

Brandon_banned = banned, Brandon = staff, including bra* in a staff conference chat always shows the banned user, and without the option to kick someone out of the conference chat it's a risky business