Not a bug  Banned Users Not Moved to Banned Usergroup

Ranger375

I banned a member through the admin area, but noticed that even though it says banned, the user is not placed into the banned usergroup. I am running beta 5.

Presumably you created a "Banned" usergroup?

As far as I am aware, there isn't an option to automatically move a banner user into a specific usergroup so I don't think this is a bug.

Does it reflect on the postbit that the user is banned? If so, I'm not seeing it.

My members are pretty much dogpiling a guy who was banned, just because the word is nowhere to be found lol

Presumably you created a "Banned" usergroup?

As far as I am aware, there isn't an option to move a banner user into a specific usergroup so I don't think this is a bug.

Yeah, I guess I just have to physically move the user into the banned group....

Does it reflect on the postbit that the user is banned? If so, I'm not seeing it.
No it doesn't.

If you set the styling for the banned group higher than the other groups then moving banned members into that group will change their title.

Or you can do it per user.

Sorry to necro this thread, but does that mean that if we imported a vB forum (I used Paul's converter), the usergroup "Banned users" can be removed due to it not being used by the XF software?

Sorry to necro this thread, but does that mean that if we imported a vB forum (I used Paul's converter), the usergroup "Banned users" can be removed due to it not being used by the XF software?
If you want to keep the existing users' "banned" titles, then it may be worth keeping. (We intentionally don't change the title of banned users.)

The only downside is that when a user is banned, and you go to start a private msg, the input field dropdown with name suggestions includes banned members. A banned member can't get the private msg as far as I know.

Brandon_banned = banned, Brandon = staff, including bra* in a staff conference chat always shows the banned user, and without the option to kick someone out of the conference chat it's a risky business

Top Bottom