Not a bug Manage Reply Bans - banned users can still react with likes, etc.

Tented

Affected version
V.2.2
I noticed a user who I banned from a thread using the “Manage Reply Bans” option can still react to people’s posts with likes. I figured banned users wouldn’t be able to do anything other than view posts in threads they’re banned from.

What I do is add the banned user to "Banned" user group that has the React to All Posts disabled.

ACP -> Setup -> Options -> User discouragement and discipline

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 9.13.38 AM.png

I am not sure if this will carry forward to a thread ban itself though.
If not, I do agree that probably a thread ban should stop ANY interaction on that thread.
I luckily have not been cursed with having any users needing that level of moderation yet.

What I do is add the banned user to "Banned" user group that has the React to All Posts disabled.

ACP -> Setup -> Options -> User discouragement and discipline

View attachment 280089

I am not sure if this will carry forward to a thread ban itself though.
If not, I do agree that probably a thread ban should stop ANY interaction on that thread.
I luckily have not been cursed with having any users needing that level of moderation yet.
But that would prevent them from responding to all threads, right? I’m trying to restrict a user from reacting to a specific thread.

But that would prevent them from responding to all threads, right? I’m trying to restrict a user from reacting to a specific thread.
Yep.. it's all threads... ergo my comment on that it should be able to be applied via thread only..
But honestly... if they abuse it in one location, what's to keep them from abusing it in another.
Simply create a group that removes the reactions COMPLETELY, add them to that group, and warn them that their violation in a banned thread resulted in suspension of being able to react to ANY thread...
I believe in a BIG stick and a small carrot.

Yep.. it's all threads... ergo my comment on that it should be able to be applied via thread only..
But honestly... if they abuse it in one location, what's to keep them from abusing it in another.
Simply create a group that removes the reactions COMPLETELY, add them to that group, and warn them that their violation in a banned thread resulted in suspension of being able to react to ANY thread...
I believe in a BIG stick and a small carrot.
Thanks for the advice.

I still think it’s a bug that users can do this within threads they’ve been banned from.

This has come up before, and it is by design as it is a 'reply ban' not a 'thread ban'.

I've got a free add-on which transforms it from a reply-ban to an actual thread-ban;

Top Bottom