XF 1.1 Banned IP?

nando99

I cant seem to find a banned ip in the banned ip list...

It belongs to an unregistered member trying to register...

Not sure what the issue is...

Any help is appreciated.

May not be the forum software preventing the registration. Could be the server. Check your iptables for the offending IP in question. (If you can't do it, get your host to do so.)

nothing there :(

Searching for 67.87.42.128...

Chain num pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
No matches found for 67.87.42.128 in iptables

ip6tables:

Chain num pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

No matches found for 67.87.42.128 in ip6tables

question, there's no way of removing this feature from XF? we have A LOT of people getting blacklisted and not being able to log on...
Sounds like you got a lot of people that need to either
A) clean their computers and install some valid antivirus/malware protection and USE it
B) Practice safe hex
C) contact their ISP to get those IP's cleaned up (unless it's a static IP and then they may be able to)

Or you can

D) Disable all spam prevention measures and become spam haven and kill yourself on keeping the system clean

LOL @Tracy Perry

for now I have to disable spam prevention... how it exactly do I do that?

I removed the ip checker: http://prntscr.com/1d52yn but the users are still banned... can I flush the currently banned (by ip checker) users?

thanks in advance

I'm using Tenant's add-ons, but I think it's in the ACP -> Home -> User Registration on 1.1.5. Make sure that Check DNSBL on registration is not checked.
If checked, you could also just check the box for require the registration to manually be approved by an Admin and have them contact you through the Contact Us option on the forum.

its actually not new members that are having the problems... its members that have been with us for a while that are banned... i did disable dnsbl as well though...

its actually not new members that are having the problems... its members that have been with us for a while that are banned... i did disable dnsbl as well though...
Curios, but do you use CloudFlare (or something similar)? If they are not in your IP list of banned IP's then there is either an add-on blocking them (and not necessarily in the xenForo software - I'm thinking of something like zBBlock) or you have a service installed on the front end that blocks.

Top Bottom