1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Banned IP?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by nando99, May 8, 2013.

1. nando99

nando99 Member

I cant seem to find a banned ip in the banned ip list...

It belongs to an unregistered member trying to register...

Not sure what the issue is...

Any help is appreciated.

2. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

May not be the forum software preventing the registration. Could be the server. Check your iptables for the offending IP in question. (If you can't do it, get your host to do so.)

3. nando99

nando99 Member

nothing there :(

4. 14DH01

14DH01 Active Member

url ?

5. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Look for 67.87.40.0/22 as well.

6. nando99

nando99 Member

7. nando99

nando99 Member

No matches found for 67.87.40.0/22

8. 14DH01

14DH01 Active Member

it would not list in the spam list?

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

That IP is listed in 6 blacklists.

example.png

14DH01 likes this.
  10. nando99

nando99 Member

whoa... where did you get that?

11. Tracy Perry

http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/67.87.42.128 is the direct link... it's from the whatismyipaddress.com site that XenForo will go to when you check your Current Visitors.

12. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

The person who's trying to register on your site most likely has a crapton of malware on his machine, including a spam bot.

13. nando99

nando99 Member

question, there's no way of removing this feature from XF? we have A LOT of people getting blacklisted and not being able to log on...

14. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Disable any spam prevention measures.

15. Tracy Perry

Sounds like you got a lot of people that need to either
    A) clean their computers and install some valid antivirus/malware protection and USE it
    B) Practice safe hex
    C) contact their ISP to get those IP's cleaned up (unless it's a static IP and then they may be able to)

Or you can

D) Disable all spam prevention measures and become spam haven and kill yourself on keeping the system clean

16. nando99

nando99 Member

LOL @Tracy Perry

for now I have to disable spam prevention... how it exactly do I do that?

I removed the ip checker: http://prntscr.com/1d52yn but the users are still banned... can I flush the currently banned (by ip checker) users?

thanks in advance

17. Tracy Perry

I'm using Tenant's add-ons, but I think it's in the ACP -> Home -> User Registration on 1.1.5. Make sure that Check DNSBL on registration is not checked.
    If checked, you could also just check the box for require the registration to manually be approved by an Admin and have them contact you through the Contact Us option on the forum.

18. nando99

nando99 Member

its actually not new members that are having the problems... its members that have been with us for a while that are banned... i did disable dnsbl as well though...

19. Tracy Perry

Curios, but do you use CloudFlare (or something similar)? If they are not in your IP list of banned IP's then there is either an add-on blocking them (and not necessarily in the xenForo software - I'm thinking of something like zBBlock) or you have a service installed on the front end that blocks.

20. nando99

nando99 Member