1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.1 Backing Up Resource Manager Tables ?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by ProCom, Nov 1, 2013.

1. ProCom

ProCom Active Member

I'm going to be doing a big conversion of my articles system into the Resource Manager. Writing an importer just isn't practical, so instead I'm going to just copy / paste articles over.

I'll be making a lot of changes to the system while I'm importing the articles. This will include deleting everything and restoring back to previous versions of my setup. I'll want to maintain a backup of the Resource Manager resources, ratings, etc. and restore the individual tables from the RM as I do this.

My Questions:
    In PhpMyAdmin can I simply export the SQL of a handful of specific files and then import them back into the DB after a restore? If so, which tables do I need to backup / restore?

(BTW, I don't think there is an existing RM export / import addon, but if there is, then that would be GREAT!)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Partial imports/exports are not recommended and rarely work due to the inter-relationship between tables.

If any of the related data changes then it could cause data corruption and possibly orphaned records.
    borbole likes this.
  3. ProCom

ProCom Active Member

Well, there goes my idea to spread out the process of manually importing from one system to another.

So, there isn't a finite number of tables touched when resources are created, or is everything just too interwoven for that to work?