XF 2.0 Question about backing up files from server

Alternadiv

I am beginning to plan my upgrade to 2.1 and will start by doing it on my localhost.

When setting up my localhost, two things didn’t seem right because I don’t remember this from previous test boards.

1. Downloading my live XenForo files = 30,000 files. I know a fresh XenForo download is only around 6,000 files. Is this basically coming from attachments and stuff?

2. This is the weird one. After everything was set up and I went to view my test board, it brought me to the install page. That seemed weird. Then it said I need to check a box to delete all users and data to begin the install. That seemed weird too, but whatever I can just reupload the database later if it breaks. But then it started this install process and I left it going over night and it only made it to about 40% through. This whole thing seems completely wrong. Why would it want to install? Normally my test boards just work.

The server files are from my live files and my database is successfully uploading, but it keeps bringing me to the install page instead of the forum. I tried deleting the install directory but it still brought me to the install directory.

Top Bottom