Awesome Social Community in one click with "NESTED COMMENTS" addon! [Paid] [Deleted]

I think $77 is reasonable for the (I'm still going to say two add-ons, as essentially the third supersedes the second) two add-ons and $47 is a great deal.

Yet, still, I don't need any blogging stuff so I'd still be interested in a price just for the add-on without the blogging add-ons included.

question: is it possible to activate the nested commands only for specific threads?

Yes. For example, article "Phone history" (ENG) and "Историческая справка" (RUS) on demo site from forum threads (not from blogs).

For example, I can enable "nested comments" in that category where "Phone history" is. But russian post "Историческая справка" will be with stanard comments, because I do not enable nested comments there.

You can see changes now by next link:

ENGLISH forum thread in one category (with enabled nested comments in admin panel).

The same article on RUSSIAN in another thread (without nested comments in another category).

Yes. For example, article "Phone history" (ENG) and "Историческая справка" (RUS) on demo site from forum threads (not from blogs).

For example, I can enable "nested comments" in that category where "Phone history" is. But russian post "Историческая справка" will be with stanard comments, because I do not enable nested comments there.

You can see changes now by next link:

ENGLISH forum thread in one category (with enabled nested comments in admin panel).

The same article on RUSSIAN in another thread (without nested comments in another category).
thank you. will think about it. at the moment i have no time :)

Why is a website name worth $30 to you? I'm just curious what you gain from it to offer such a large discount.

We would like to know where our product will be use. This discount only for our information purposes. In this case benefit will receive both sides (company and customers).

In my country new digital products provided without really big discounts when sales starts. We would like to change this thing here (in internet). That is why discount is more than 50% for the first time.

Besides in future all customers which websites names we will know (and where will work our products) will get our new digital products with big discounts (more discounts than other clients without website names will have). I think it is a good way for future cooperation with the admins of these websites.

What happens if someone replies to a nested comment? Does it nest further to another level, like Reddit? If so, what does a heavily nested comment look like after 5+ levels?

What happens if someone replies to a nested comment? Does it nest further to another level, like Reddit? If so, what does a heavily nested comment look like after 5+ levels?

Now few levels depth. But if you need more then 3 levels I`ll say you how to do it.

HERE you can see 5 levels of depth and 8 levels HERE. If you need max 5 levels (no more) I`ll say you too how to restrict amonut of comments levels.

I don`t know about Reddit.... what is it? Maybe you have link on info about it?

Now few levels depth. But if you need more then 3 levels I`ll say you how to do it.

HERE you can see 5 levels of depth. If you need max 5 levels (no more) I`ll say you too how to restrict amonut of comments levels.

Thanks. I like the looks of that actually, doesn't look too compacted.

My next question - can you describe the behavior we can expect from the "What's New?" feature when a nested comment has been posted? Will it cause a thread to appear on the What's New list, and what happens if you click on the thread from that list - which post does it take you to? Does it take you to the most recently posted unread nested comment regardless of its location in the overall thread?

I don`t know about Reddit.... what is it? Maybe you have link on info about it?

Reddit is located at http://www.reddit.com and you might be interested to see how they handle nested comments, because their solution enables an essentially limitless # of levels. If you find a heavily commented submission and follow a cluster of comments until the nesting process asks you to load a new page in order to continue reading, you will see what I mean.

Hmmm interesting add-on. It would be nice to have the option to purchase separately.

For this add-on alone you could probably charge $25-$30 and then get another $30-$50 for your blog add-on.
Packaging together should be an option.

Looks great btw!

Reddit is located at http://www.reddit.com and you might be interested to see how they handle nested comments, because their solution enables an essentially limitless # of levels. If you find a heavily commented submission and follow a cluster of comments until the nesting process asks you to load a new page in order to continue reading, you will see what I mean.

If I understood you correctly, you talked about "load more comments (458)" links in all depth of comment levels. If I am right that this idea is already in our work process. We already work on it. :)

If you see that I do not understood you, do not hesitate to tell me more information about some things. I think we will understand each other.

Hmmm interesting add-on. It would be nice to have the option to purchase separately.

For this add-on alone you could probably charge $25-$30 and then get another $30-$50 for your blog add-on.
Packaging together should be an option.

Looks great btw!

Thank you! If customer tell us his website name we sell him addon pack only for $47 (two addons in a pack, with $30 discount).

Besides, If someone want to use only nested comments option, he can use only it (without blogs). But for this feature I must speak about it with my coders team, because in theory it must work. We will think about it.

Convenient is hardly the word I'd call it. Expensive? Overpriced? Absurd perhaps?

Then don't buy it vs. complaining about the price. The price was reasonable for software functions one wants and it was price you were getting hysterical about.

I'm a buyer. To me $100 for a functional software (a good CMS, a good mobile access program) with decent documentation and support is cheap.

"OMG $77!!!!!" is why we don't have those functions.

If I understood you correctly, you talked about "load more comments (458)" links in all depth of comment levels. If I am right that this idea is already in our work process. We already work on it. :)

If you see that I do not understood you, do not hesitate to tell me more information about some things. I think we will understand each other.

That will be a good feature to implement but isn't exactly what I was referring to. Reddit's nested comments allow an unlimited number of levels. In the form you have your add-on, that isn't possible because the levels after so many generations would eventually just get smashed up against the right side of the page. To fix this, you would have to do as Reddit does and actually load a new page.

To see this in action, go here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/blog/comments/ddwiv/a_personal_message_from_stephen_colbert_to_the/c0zhc4d

Then continue reading the chain of posts stemming from the top level, until you see the link "continue this thread." It restarts the thread with the most recently seen nested comment at the top left, so that you can continue reading the remainder of the chain without it pushing too far to the right.

Hopefully that made sense, I'm by no means an expert on this subject, but I've always enjoyed their implementation. In my case, I think the limited number of levels is what will prevent me from purchasing your add-on. I have always disliked using websites where I can't reply to a particularly provocative post just because it is nested so low that no more replies are allowed. It ends discussion since no one else can reply. This makes it impossible to have really in depth discussions that might go on for a while - a finite cap on the number of levels causes every conversation to expire after a specific number of posts.

I don't really see much difference between this and using "promote to content" via xenPorta. Can you give more info on what it offers. Just like Chris, I too am not looking for blogging and all that jazz, just the nested comments, though at this point appears very much like what xenPorta offers for free.

I don't really see much difference between this and using "promote to content" via xenPorta. Can you give more info on what it offers. Just like Chris, I too am not looking for blogging and all that jazz, just the nested comments, though at this point appears very much like what xenPorta offers for free.

Unfortunatelly I didn`t use XenPorta, but at current time in our product you can set some of your forum categories which forum posts will be on your main page. The same thing you can set for blogs too. If you already use XenPorta maybe it would be better if you stay with XenPorta, because at current time our BLogs (light version) have not full features. That`s why we give our Blogs for free with Nested comments. Full features will have our upcoming "Awesome Blogs" (full version) which will be released in Jan 2013.

awful links in html markup
HTML:
<a href="threads/post-permalink?post[post_id]=108&amp;post[thread_id]=13&amp;post[user_id]=2&amp;post[username]=User+1&amp;post[post_date]=1354464117&amp;post[message]=Simple+cell+phone&amp;post[ip_id]=136&amp;post[message_state]=visible&amp;post[attach_count]=0&amp;post[position]=3&amp;post[likes]=0&amp;post[like_users]=a%3A0%3A%7B%7D&amp;post[warning_id]=0&amp;post[email]=123%40mail.ru&amp;post[gender]=female&amp;post[language_id]=1&amp;post[style_id]=0&amp;post[timezone]=Europe%2FLondon&amp;post[visible]=1&amp;post[user_group_id]=2&amp;post[display_style_group_id]=2&amp;post[permission_combination_id]=2&amp;post[message_count]=35&amp;post[conversations_unread]=0&amp;post[register_date]=1354461603&amp;post[last_activity]=1355000308&amp;post[trophy_points]=8&amp;post[alerts_unread]=6&amp;post[avatar_date]=1354462170&amp;post[avatar_width]=192&amp;post[avatar_height]=192&amp;post[user_state]=valid&amp;post[is_moderator]=0&amp;post[is_admin]=0&amp;post[is_banned]=0&amp;post[like_count]=7&amp;post[warning_points]=0&amp;post[dob_day]=0&amp;post[dob_month]=0&amp;post[dob_year]=0&amp;post[status_date]=0&amp;post[status_profile_post_id]=0&amp;post[csrf_token]=840a65288728c1d17534585f2dd39091668793e5&amp;post[avatar_crop_x]=0&amp;post[avatar_crop_y]=0&amp;post[facebook_auth_id]=0&amp;post[custom_fields]=a%3A8%3A%7Bs%3A3%3A%22aim%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A8%3A%22facebook%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A5%3A%22gtalk%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A3%3A%22icq%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A3%3A%22msn%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A5%3A%22skype%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A7%3A%22twitter%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A5%3A%22yahoo%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3B%7D&amp;post[like_date]=0&amp;post[position_on_page]=4&amp;post[messageHtml]=Simple+cell+phone" title="Permalink" class="datePermalink">
And plain js in head on every page...
Why?

Top Bottom