Awesome Social Community in one click with "NESTED COMMENTS" addon! [Paid] [Deleted]

OK there seems to be a real disconnect here and maybe a certain degree of arrogance. I like what you are developing but I got burned once buying into a product that promised further development down the road and won't do that again.

I know my english not ideal, but there is no any certain degree of arrogance in my words. I forcing nobody to use my product. If someone doesn't want to buy it is its personal decision. All of us are adults and everyone can think for himself and decide - to use or not.

I saw XenPorta. Rather quite good product. But it doesn't mean that it can have no alternatives. Besides this topic is about nested comments addon. It would be better if we will compare different products in future when it will be new releases.

I know my english not ideal, but there is no any certain degree of arrogance in my words. I forcing nobody to use my product. If someone doesn't want to buy it is its personal decision. All of us are adults and everyone can think for himself and decide - to use or not.

I saw XenPorta. Rather quite good product. But it doesn't mean that it can have no alternatives. Besides this topic is about nested comments addon. It would be better if we will compare different products in future when it will be new releases.

Can we agree that we are mature enough here to avoid the "I'm not forcing you to buy" issue please?

I refer to a what seems to be a refusal on your part to understand the importance of potential conflicts between your product and a popular free add-on. I stress free because it means it costs you nothing but time to test and this refusal to acknowledge this and the reply that we can buy a replacement to a perfectly good free product as a resolution to any potential problems as arrogance.

If I purchase your product and it doesn't work with or breaks XenPorta, will you give me and others a full refund?

May be I was the first to buy this :D (some days ago) and here are some feedbacks.

I could not get the addon to work on my website. Somehow I kept getting this error: "Please enter a valid callback method." when I tried to install the addon. I believe that the files were uploaded correctly. SizeTraders.com was very responsive and tried to help but we could not figure out what caused the problem. SizeTraders.com offered a refund, but I decided to wait for a while to see if anyone get it to work (it could be my fault).

Nested comments work with XenPorta too ("Home" tab). You can see it HERE.

On demo site installed only 3 addons: Nested comments, Nodes as Tab, XenPorta (only for test). XenForo Version 1.1.3.

Nested comments work with XenPorta too ("Home" tab). You can see it HERE.

On demo site installed only 3 addons: Nested comments, Nodes as Tab, XenPorta (only for test). XenForo Version 1.1.3.
Your permalinks are still display improperly, and anyone using this addon will open up their users to having their emails harvested.

110EUR is to expensive for a addon :/ thats like 1.100SEK in swedish money, if i was you i should lower it down to maybe 25EUR or so :) just my option

Every comment has a copyright...? That's fairly over the top, and quite intrusive for a comment system, especially given the price.

Every comment has a copyright...? That's fairly over the top, and quite intrusive for a comment system, especially given the price.
I'm "borrowing" someone else's code (sent them a PM and hope to get a positive reply).

I actually started this much earlier today.... Because I actually got "mad" when I saw this updated @ $110 and got to working

Capture.webp

(not even an alpha build, just raw code)

If another comments addon is being considered, I suggest that discussion take place in it's own thread going forward.
Certainly this addon is more expensive than most addons, but it's a niche addon, so I don't think the price is that out of place.

110 Euros which is about $148 USD (as of today), more than the Xenforo software itself. Now that's certainly BOLD. Nested comments are hardly mind-blowing. Most people don't like them and think they're ugly looking and confusing. Also breaks the conversation into too many side branches. Is there some other feature in this addon that I am missing?

Our data indicate the opposite. People like a new type of display of their messages since all already were bothered long ago by a typical type of forums.

Our data indicate the opposite. People like a new type of display of their messages since all already were bothered long ago by a typical type of forums.
Interesting.

Question: Is your data reflected in the amount of purchases (if any) for your nested comments add-on? If yes - it would be nice to ask your customers to rate the add-on, so prospective buyers can at least see the enthusiasm the XF community has for your add-on. If no, then there's something terribly wrong with your pricing.

Whatever the case may be ==> Good luck with the sales and thanks for the share :)

J.

Top Bottom