Awesome Social Community in one click with "NESTED COMMENTS" addon! [Paid] [Deleted]

Decent looking product, but for more than Xenforo itself at this time, I don't even see how this could even remotely be close to worth it. I'd rather buy another XF License then another visual to XenForo.

Decent looking product, but for more than Xenforo itself at this time, I don't even see how this could even remotely be close to worth it. I'd rather buy another XF License then another visual to XenForo.
People pay for skins and add-ons at a few hundred dollars a time because of their need for them. The fact it's more than the cost of XF itself isn't really the main issue, it just feels overpriced for its usefulness - for me anyway.

People pay for skins and add-ons at a few hundred dollars a time because of their need for them. The fact it's more than the cost of XF itself isn't really the main issue, it just feels overpriced for its usefulness - for me anyway.
And the fact that each comment has a copyright for the add-on is still just mindblowing.

Had no idea this was the case - that's funny.

May as well just watermark each comment :rolleyes:
Yeah it seems like a whole money scheme to me honestly. Not to bash this, it is a very amazing add on, but you can see that there has not been any reviews, and reading the comments a while ago it was at $77, and now up 143.11 for something you will almost have to buy a copyright free version making it almost $200 for a simple code that makes text show like a social media. I recently purchased a custom made theme for $195 and that's 100% custom made, this is something that if enough people were willing to spend the ridiculous amount of money for it, it will not benefit much things as it won't be as original.

of course this is all my personal opinion, however like I said, not to bash the plugin as it is a very nice addon. Just some things seem a bit fishy to me.

It looks like a nice add-on, but at 110 euro. . ouch. Of course, you can ask whatever you want as it is your modification. : ) I do think a lot more users would buy and download if you charged less. 0.o business sense

Yeah it seems like a whole money scheme to me honestly. Not to bash this, it is a very amazing add on, but you can see that there has not been any reviews, and reading the comments a while ago it was at $77, and now up 143.11 for something you will almost have to buy a copyright free version making it almost $200 for a simple code that makes text show like a social media. I recently purchased a custom made theme for $195 and that's 100% custom made, this is something that if enough people were willing to spend the ridiculous amount of money for it, it will not benefit much things as it won't be as original.

of course this is all my personal opinion, however like I said, not to bash the plugin as it is a very nice addon. Just some things seem a bit fishy to me.

Yeah, something doesn't seem right here. The addon looks interesting, but then you are hiding the user postbit and all the stuff you can fit in that area like links to private message the person, online status icon, user review, points, etc. (stuff that a lot of other addons put into and make use of in the postbit). With the nested comments, now all these other addons are useless because they won't fit in the nested area. Yes, this addon does what it is supposed to do and appears to do it well, but when you use it keep in mind you are not going to be able to use these other things because they will visually conflict with each other and not work.

Question: Is your data reflected in the amount of purchases (if any) for your nested comments add-on? If yes - it would be nice to ask your customers to rate the add-on, so prospective buyers can at least see the enthusiasm the XF community has for your add-on. If no, then there's something terribly wrong with your pricing.:)
Excellent comment that deserves a reply

A little exaggerated the price!
$50 okey but that would be...
This addon cost me twice as much as I paid for the license.
I'm sorry but I won't do that!

i agree 110 euro is to much for a addon like this :/ you should make it around 10-50 euro but not over 50 euro since 110euro is aprox 1.100SEK in swedish money thats why it's not worth it, i never seen a addon cost this much before.

The author hasn't visited since February 2013, so it is unlikely the add on works with the latest version of XenForo.

After you paid your Xenforo licence, and purchased a bunch of addons on impulse because of reviews and ratings, still very unlearned in the ways of Xenforo, and you finally settle for specific addons you hadn't heard of before, installed and uninstalled them as you met their limitations, hiring people to do some of the work for you, gave appreciation gifts to those who were kindly helping you along, not expecting anything, and how many styles will you purchase before finding one truly compatible - your price tag for a forum could easily jump over the $500, and easily more.

I do appreciate the expertise and know-how (I'm actually very jealous) of coders, and many have excellent manners. However, to isolate one (1) addon and suggest that complaining about a price tag of 110 euros for an addon is equal to not honoring the work of the developers, is wrong.

As a musician, I have spent hundreds of hours working on my albums, and never gotten paid for it. I sell them for $15 a piece. The more music I produce, the more I can potentially make money. I believe the developer should have listened and lowered his fees, or maybe polled the forum members to get feedback. I hope he was able to find a good revenue source.

You do realize that the last post in this thread was almost a year and a half ago and the addon developer went quite even before then? I think the price is what killed this addon from being more popular as it's better to sell for less and make more sales than to sell for more and make less sales.

You do realize that the last post in this thread was almost a year and a half ago and the addon developer went quite even before then? I think the price is what killed this addon from being more popular as it's better to sell for less and make more sales than to sell for more and make less sales.

Yes, I do... :) and I fully agree with you, that's precisely what I was trying to say (but I can be a bit verbose, sadly, English isn't my first language).

(y)

That alone almost all resources cost money is already even not in order and then a such price. :bird:
He would sell between 30 - 50 € he would much more sell!

Top Bottom