Resource icon

No permission to download
Hello nice Addon, but i become this error message -
error_avatar1.png

and a question, where can delete the upload avatar.
error_avatar2.png

Hello nice Addon, but i become this error message -
error_avatar1.png

and a question, where can delete the upload avatar.
error_avatar2.png

That's your hosts fault for being mis-configured. Either have them configure the 'tmp' directory for php or have them make the global tmp directory writable.

Hi Naatan, do you have any idea about this:

copy() [function.copy]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/5071ecc455cda) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/mywebsite.com/:.)
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. copy() in AvatarGallery/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 44
  3. AvatarGallery_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/mywebsite.com/index.php at line 13
I'll be grateful for any help, thanks.

I tryed to chane open_basedir to /tmp and it didn't work out :(

it was ; open_basedir = and I changed it on open_basedir =/tmp

ok, I found the answer :coffee: in the file /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

at the very end add this

Code:
<Location />
php_admin_value open_basedir none
</Location>

and also do what I wrote above with the opeb_basedir (actually I put open_basedir =var/www/tmp )

so now all is working for me, Naatan thanks again for the amazing module, it's great, I like it a lot :)

and check that the rights for the tmp folder would be 777

and of course you will need to restart your server

I tryed to chane open_basedir to /tmp and it didn't work out :(

it was ; open_basedir = and I changed it on open_basedir =/tmp

Best to check with your host what your users temp directory is and validate if the open_basedir directive is configured correctly. This is an issue with your server setup and not with the addon, as such there is little I can do for you.

ok, I found the answer :coffee: in the file /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

at the very end add this

Code:
<Location />
php_admin_value open_basedir none
</Location>

and also do what I wrote above with the opeb_basedir (actually I put open_basedir =var/www/tmp )

so now all is working for me, Naatan thanks again for the amazing module, it's great, I like it a lot :)

and check that the rights for the tmp folder would be 777

Ah you just responded at the same time as me :) Glad you worked it out

Is this no longer downloadable? I tried to download it and it says the archive is corrupt...

Usually means the download didn't finish, even though it's a small file size :).

I would try just downloading again, or try a new browser but just tested and working fine.

I know this hasn't been updated in a long time, but if you were going to add anything to it, might I suggest being able to select one of the gallery avatars for a user in the Admin panel.

I have a problem i installed the avatar plug in twice to make sure i can solve the issue but i really can't see an avatar gallery everytime i choose one. DO i need to upload an avatar folder where it will be uploaded to /data/avatar directory aside from the library folders or what? help.

screenshot20130224at110.png

I have a problem i installed the avatar plug in twice to make sure i can solve the issue but i really can't see an avatar gallery everytime i choose one. DO i need to upload an avatar folder where it will be uploaded to /data/avatar directory aside from the library folders or what? help.

screenshot20130224at110.png
Yes, you need to have images in the folder in order for them to show up below. This is just a plugin to add the option for an avatar gallery.

@Nataan where can one find the avatars you have in the OP pictures:
screen-shot-2012-02-16-at-8-29-43-pm-png.25753

I am trying to find this, as that's why I downloaded the addon actually XD If you can give me a link that would be amazing. thank you very much.

Hi Guys,

Any ideal with the error as attached file?

The image is not displayed, just like a broken link. However, when i "Pick" to use it, it is still displayed as normal.

I also set permission "777" for the avatars folder and also for all the attached images.

I'm using Xenforo v1.1.3

Anyone can help me on this?

Thank you! (n)

Attachments

25.3 KB · Views: 17
Hi Guys,

I found this error when i use File Health Check tool:

Code:
Potential Problems
library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php
File does not contain expected contents.

Anyone know what is this error mean?

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 14
If this addon is still being worked on I found a bug of sorts. When defining the avatar storage directory as a http link I get an error in nginx. I store all my images on my own CDN domain.

Setting the dir as a dir off the XF install works fine.

Any pointers?

Yes, you need to have images in the folder in order for them to show up below. This is just a plugin to add the option for an avatar gallery.

@Nataan where can one find the avatars you have in the OP pictures:
screen-shot-2012-02-16-at-8-29-43-pm-png.25753

I am trying to find this, as that's why I downloaded the addon actually XD If you can give me a link that would be amazing. thank you very much.
Do we put the avatars in the S/M/or L folder? Or just the Avatars folder itself?

Top Bottom