1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Avatar Gallery 0.1b

Adds an avatar gallery to the choose avatar page

1. Naatan

Naatan Well-Known Member

Naatan submitted a new resource:

AvatarGallery (version 0.1) - Adds an avatar gallery to the choose avatar page

Read more about this resource...
    Alien, nazo0of, ingamer and 8 others like this.
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

3. M@rc

M@rc Well-Known Member

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

This add-on either doesn't work or is broken. When you click on 'Avatar' it says there is an error in the javascript.
  5. Naatan

Naatan Well-Known Member

This addon does not use any javascript, so that sounds a bit fishy. What browser are you using? And what error are you getting?
  6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

People have been asking for this for a long time !

To make this easier to find, please change the name from AvatarGallery 0.1 to Avatar Gallery 0.1
    Anyone title searching resources for Avatar will not find your Addon.
  7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Would you please consider changing your read me's to files most normal people can actually open up? wtf is a .md extension? How do I open this up?
  8. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Where are the avatars?!
  9. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

You put in a ftp with no index.php or index.html file and then go on a browser, go to the url and click on the readme file.
  10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Great job :) does this support categories at all?
  11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Firefox 10.0.1

The following error occurred

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.
  12. giorgino

giorgino Well-Known Member

Someone know where to find avatars collection?
  13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I can't get this avatar gallery addon to work cause of a javascript error.
  14. Naatan

Naatan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion, made the change.
    .md is markdown which is used by github, where this project is managed. The readme is just an artifact of zipping it there to upload it here, you do not need to read it as everything is already explained here.

No, it's just a bare basics addon.. It's also open-source so you're free to modify it in any way you like.
    Please check for what error you are getting using the following steps: http://www.cmsmarket.com/resources/dev-corner/92-how-to-check-for-javascript-errors

I highly doubt it's this addon causing the error, rather you likely have a different addon installed that's conflicting with this one. I'll need to know the error in order to remove the conflict though.
    This addon only gives you the ability to use avatar gallery's, you still have to add the actual avatars yourself.
  15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

OverlayLoader for account/avatar
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function exif_imagetype() in /home/user/public_html/library/AvatarGallery/AvatarGallery.php on line 24
  16. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Can't wait to use this :)
  17. Naatan

Naatan Well-Known Member

18. Naatan

Naatan Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's what I needed. I've posted an update that removes the exif dependency, although it's a pretty standard PHP extension to have enabled.
  19. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I'm on a shared host.
  20. Naatan

Naatan Well-Known Member

Yeah I figured, and a lot of people will be in the same situation, which is why I removed the dependency. Even for shared hosts it's a pretty standard extension though. Also it seems yours is still running PHP 5.2 (based on your problem with the Ajax Polling addon), it'll serve you fine for now, but if they don't update soon (within a year or so) you are likely going to run into problems like this more often, depending on how much PHP software you use.