Resource icon

No permission to download
Yeah I figured, and a lot of people will be in the same situation, which is why I removed the dependency. Even for shared hosts it's a pretty standard extension though. Also it seems yours is still running PHP 5.2 (based on your problem with the Ajax Polling addon), it'll serve you fine for now, but if they don't update soon (within a year or so) you are likely going to run into problems like this more often, depending on how much PHP software you use.
Ah man that sucks. Lately I've been having lots of annoying server errors with my shared hosting. I can't even get Digital Point's User Map to work because they don't have GeoIP installed.

I'm pretty sure since the download files came with default folders in the avatars that this mod allowed categories? If it allowed categories then it's no longer working in the latest xenforo update.

I just uploaded most of my avatars to the data/avatars folder and it displayed without modification.

The size of the box that displays the avatars was too large and my users couldn't see the submit button (chrome and FF issue). So I went to Appearance > Templates > account_avatar_gallery (removed gravatar since none of my users used it) and then I went to account_avatar_gallery.css and edited
Code:
.avatarGallery {
    max-height: 200px;
to
Code:
 .avatarGallery {
max-height: 130px;
NOTE: I was using the Aurora and Blackened styles.

Not working in the latest version.

If you provide some more details I might be able to help you. In any case it's working fine for everyone else it would seem, you might just have an exception that's specific to your environment.

I'm pretty sure since the download files came with default folders in the avatars that this mod allowed categories? If it allowed categories then it's no longer working in the latest xenforo update.

I just uploaded most of my avatars to the data/avatars folder and it displayed without modification.

The size of the box that displays the avatars was too large and my users couldn't see the submit button (chrome and FF issue). So I went to Appearance > Templates > account_avatar_gallery (removed gravatar since none of my users used it) and then I went to account_avatar_gallery.css and edited
Code:
.avatarGallery {
    max-height: 200px;
to
Code:
 .avatarGallery {
max-height: 130px;

Of course based on your theme you might want to tweak the css a bit, I'm just providing you with the defaults. Also as said in the description this is a "bare basics" addon, meaning it gives you exactly what you need and nothing more. I did not say it has a categories feature.

can you choose an avatar during registration?

If no, it's a suggestion :D
This addon only alters the dialog for picking avatars to include an avatar gallery, it does nothing else. The places as which you can choose an avatar have not changed.

Of course based on your theme you might want to tweak the css a bit, I'm just providing you with the defaults. Also as said in the description this is a "bare basics" addon, meaning it gives you exactly what you need and nothing more. I did not say it has a categories feature.
Yeah I figured that, I was just making sure ^__^

I forgot to add I'm using the blackened and aurora themes. I just wanted to post what I did in case other members ran into the same issue. I appreciate the time you took to post it ^__^ I'll see about adding the categories option! I'll update when i do it.

Yeah I figured that, I was just making sure ^__^

I forgot to add I'm using the blackened and aurora themes. I just wanted to post what I did in case other members ran into the same issue. I appreciate the time you took to post it ^__^ I'll see about adding the categories option! I'll update when i do it.

Nice, the project is on github in case you are a git user.

If you provide some more details I might be able to help you. In any case it's working fine for everyone else it would seem, you might just have an exception that's specific to your environment.
How many times do you need to be told the same error?
There is an exif error in the package.
Don't pass it off on the environment. Exif is not a standard module compiled in php.

How many times do you need to be told the same error?
There is an exif error in the package.
Don't pass it off on the environment. Exif is not a standard module compiled in php.

The error has only been noted once and was since addressed in the latest version. Please refrain from using that inflammatory tone, it's completely uncalled for.

I have a question, how does this behave if the usergroup does NOT have permission to upload an avatar? can they still pick one for the gallery or is it disabled as well?

I have a question, how does this behave if the usergroup does NOT have permission to upload an avatar? can they still pick one for the gallery or is it disabled as well?

Currently avatars in the gallery are restricted by the permissions set for uploading avatars. I will likely address this in a future update when I have some time on my hands.

I don't know if I am stupid but I uploaded and installed this. Uploaded a test avatar to the data/avatars folder and see absolutely no difference anywhere on the site. There is no link or anything to an Avatar Gallery etc.

I don't know if I am stupid but I uploaded and installed this. Uploaded a test avatar to the data/avatars folder and see absolutely no difference anywhere on the site. There is no link or anything to an Avatar Gallery etc.

Did you read the instructions?

Installation is the same as with any other addon. Once installed be sure to check the Options page to enable the gallery and change the path where the gallery looks for avatar images. And of course copy some images to the avatars folder configured in the options screen.

Did you read the instructions?

Installation is the same as with any other addon. Once installed be sure to check the Options page to enable the gallery and change the path where the gallery looks for avatar images. And of course copy some images to the avatars folder configured in the options screen.
Yes I read that and did it all. However I am an idiot :) I forgot to refresh the page and once I did that it all worked. :D I feel silly now.

For some reason avatars are not showing up (I've triple-checked the location and so on).

The "Choose Avatar from Gallery" option is there, there's just nothing displayed.

Anyone know how to fix this?

For some reason avatars are not showing up (I've triple-checked the location and so on).

The "Choose Avatar from Gallery" option is there, there's just nothing displayed.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Make sure your avatars are uploaded as either jpg, png or gif and that the webserver has permission to read them.

Top Bottom