RM 1.1 Automatically Created Thread Prefix

nassella

I'd like to have threads created in the Resource Manager categories automatically given thread prefixes but my dropdown in that section doesn't give me options for doing that.

How do I do this?

Last edited:
I'm stuck. I have blogs/treatment resource/ website prefixes assigned to a RM category. Then I assigned those thread prefixes to various Forums in the Thread Prefixes section. Is that the way to get a RM prefix to show up in the Forum threads?

The Treatment Resource prefix shows up in the Forum threads but the others do not.

Resource and thread prefixes are unrelated. The prefix able used by the automatically created thread depends only on the category of the prefix. Anything else would require custom development.

I'm a bit lost. Are you saying that resource prefixes will not show up in threads on the Forums?

"The prefix able used by the automatically created thread depends only on the category of the prefix." - does this refer to the automatically created thread in the Forums (from the Resource Manager?); the category of the prefix in the Resource section????

I do have several showing up - http://cortjohnson.org/forums/forums/getting-up-on-your-feet-oi-pots-etc.6/ - the blood volume test thread is a resource. It shows the right prefix; the others don't show any prefix.

The prefix that is showing in your example is a thread prefix -- inside the thread, it's showing the resource information. (Which is borderline inconsistent, but a likely necessary evil.)

So, yes - resource prefixes are unrelated to thread prefixes. "Treatment Resource" is a thread prefix and defined by the prefix you selected in the resource category configuration for discussion threads.

Where I'm getting hung up is that I haven't picked an automatic thread prefix for that resource category (orthostatic) yet the treatment resource prefix is showing up in the Orthostatic Intolerance Forum. The same is true in the Gut Resource Category....I have not applied a prefix to that resource category yet in the Gut Forums - http://www.cortjohnson.org/forums/forums/diet-and-improving-your-gut.68/ - I have two separate prefixes showing up

Top Bottom