XF 2.1 Automatic User Upgrade not working

joeyjurjens

Hey,

I'm trying to setup user upgrades, but it isn't going very well.
I've made a option to buy & once bough it should give the member the ViP rank for one month.

However, when bought, it says:
P9iS1la.png

However, I (as Admin) do not have a option to approve payments??

Then I found this topic: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-do-account-upgrades-work.9901/
I set the PayPal IPN, but it's still not automatically upgrading the user neither do I see a option to approve payments, anywhere.

Is this a known issue?

Please check the payment provider log in the control panel. Do you see any entries in it relating to PayPal? If not, that would indicate that the PayPal IPN requests aren't reaching your server. You should double check the IPN configuration within PayPal -- they have the ability to view the IPN history, which will show the state of any requests it has sent.

If you do see records, what do they say?

Please check the payment provider log in the control panel. Do you see any entries in it relating to PayPal? If not, that would indicate that the PayPal IPN requests aren't reaching your server. You should double check the IPN configuration within PayPal -- they have the ability to view the IPN history, which will show the state of any requests it has sent.

If you do see records, what do they say?

Nope, I don't see any logs. PayPal just closed my account too yesterday, so I'll have to fix that too.
But, my IPN should be "<"domain">/payment_callback.php " right? Do I need to include the index.php in it too?

Edit:

In PayPal, the URL it's going to is this: https://www.iosmodding.com/payment_callback.php?_xfProvider=paypal, which I assume is correct?

Also, this is the acutal log in PayPal:

HTML:
mc_gross=0.01&protection_eligibility=Eligible&payer_id=Q2N8JUKHQAHJE&payment_date=02:08:10 Dec 27, 2018 PST&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&first_name=Joey&mc_fee=0.01&notify_version=3.9&custom=Px4dymDE8Bx4yT2P8TruisgkofhmiMEN&payer_status=unverified&business=<snip>&quantity=1&verify_sign=AHWrIJxqyN4RjJKikVA4Ghs6fBvKAHdP4K59VHCfwcQUeDIv7J1ckZg3&payer_email=<snip>&txn_id=1JK83542804865410&payment_type=instant&last_name=Jurjens&receiver_email=<snip>&payment_fee=0.01&shipping_discount=0.00&receiver_id=FFG67PFT466QQ&insurance_amount=0.00&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=Account upgrade: TEST (Admin)&discount=0.00&mc_currency=USD&item_number=&residence_country=NL&shipping_method=Default&transaction_subject=&payment_gross=0.01&ipn_track_id=19d513ca40c05

Last edited by a moderator:
The IPN URL of payment_callback.php is fine -- it really just needs a value to enable it. We call a specific URL and that overrides it.

Based on your edit, I assume you're seeing IPNs in the PayPal IPN history. The URL listed there looks correct. Do they give an indication as to the status of it? There should be a log related to that payment.

The IPN URL of payment_callback.php is fine -- it really just needs a value to enable it. We call a specific URL and that overrides it.

Based on your edit, I assume you're seeing IPNs in the PayPal IPN history. The URL listed there looks correct. Do they give an indication as to the status of it? There should be a log related to that payment.

Yep, the status says "sent".
Type IPNTransaction: Executed.

& the log is the one I pasted in my other comment, in the "HTML" code tag

I meant a log in the XenForo control panel (in the payment provider log). If there's still nothing, can you search your web server access logs to see if PayPal appears to have hit that URL? Note that as you've posted the URL publicly, it's possible some additional people or robots may have clicked it so there may be false positives -- it should be a time that corresponds to when the IPN was sent. If you want to find all lines that match that URL and send them to me in a conversation, that works. I'm mostly after the IP to try to confirm that PayPal has hit the URL.

I meant a log in the XenForo control panel (in the payment provider log). If there's still nothing, can you search your web server access logs to see if PayPal appears to have hit that URL? Note that as you've posted the URL publicly, it's possible some additional people or robots may have clicked it so there may be false positives -- it should be a time that corresponds to when the IPN was sent. If you want to find all lines that match that URL and send them to me in a conversation, that works. I'm mostly after the IP to try to confirm that PayPal has hit the URL.

Oh, no there's still no logs in the payment provider log.
If you mean "Sitemap log" or "oEmbed log", there's nothing in there aswell.
I've zero members yet, so I'm not sure if people or bots could have access to it...

Edit:
Access logs were on my host (sorry).
I sent you a PM with details

Last edited:
Was there any outcome to this? I'm having the same issue from both PayPal and Stripe - users receive:

1574041321609.webp

There's nothing shown under "payment provider log". It's completely empty since three months ago (this issue has been happening since August 18th, 2019) (three months ago).

Top Bottom