XF 1.5 Autocomplete for mentions not always working

Mr Lucky

I notice when tagging a member, often the autocomplete is available, however for some users there is no autocomplete.

These are ot banned members. Can anyone explain what might be going on please?

The auto complete won't suggest a user that hasn't visited for a while. If that's not the case, can you link to the profile of a user that doesn't work (if it's public)?

The auto complete won't suggest a user that hasn't visited for a while. If that's not the case, can you link to the profile of a user that doesn't work (if it's public)?

An example user did last visit Oct 4, 2015

The autocomplete works for him in the ACP user search, but not in the front end.

Surely it can be correct that you cannot (easily) mention somebody just because they haven't visited for a year? That is very inconvenient because for many users you could easily spell their name wrong without the autocomplete.

Also a good reason to contact someone via a mention is purely because they haven't been around. same applies to Conversation autocomplete.

It's a 6 month limit. I would note that a mention won't help since if they don't visit, they won't see it. You can still mention someone, but we reduce noise in the autocomplete by focusing on users you are more likely to want to mention.

It's a 6 month limit. I would note that a mention won't help since if they don't visit, they won't see it

In my case they do as I have an addon that sends an email.

Are you able to tell me if there is a simple fix (temaplte edit?) for this so that autocomplete works for all users mentions?

This begs another question. If you send a PC to someone who hasn't visited, will they still get an email notification (if that is in their preferences)

It's a 6 month limit. I would note that a mention won't help since if they don't visit, they won't see it. You can still mention someone, but we reduce noise in the autocomplete by focusing on users you are more likely to want to mention.

It would be nice if there was a way to override or disable this for smaller sites or certain usergroups such as premium members or clan members for a gaming site.

On a small clan site we only have about 300 members, many of them are active weekly in Teamspeak/Discord, but haven't logged in to the site in over 6 months, which means we can't tag them.

It seems a shame to not be able to tag them and bring their attention to important topics to get them to return and log in to action something in the topic, and hopefully increase activity overall after that.

The auto complete won't suggest a user that hasn't visited for a while.

This just confused me again when trying to tag a user in a older thread here on XF.com. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to tag someone who had already posted in the thread, checking and double checking their username spelling, then checking their profile to see if they'd been banned.

It took a quick google for me to come across this thread again.

Perhaps users who have already posted in a thread should always show up in the list, at least for the sake of the ux for the post creator. Email notifications of @mentions regardless of how long ago they visited could also help solve this.

Top Bottom