1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Autocomplete for mentions not always working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Mr Lucky, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I notice when tagging a member, often the autocomplete is available, however for some users there is no autocomplete.

These are ot banned members. Can anyone explain what might be going on please?
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Could it be related to the styles with sticky menus (beta) that you are using?
  3. Mr Lucky

No, same issue with default style and no addons
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The auto complete won't suggest a user that hasn't visited for a while. If that's not the case, can you link to the profile of a user that doesn't work (if it's public)?
  5. Mr Lucky

An example user did last visit Oct 4, 2015

The autocomplete works for him in the ACP user search, but not in the front end.

Surely it can be correct that you cannot (easily) mention somebody just because they haven't visited for a year? That is very inconvenient because for many users you could easily spell their name wrong without the autocomplete.

Also a good reason to contact someone via a mention is purely because they haven't been around. same applies to Conversation autocomplete.
  6. Mike

It's a 6 month limit. I would note that a mention won't help since if they don't visit, they won't see it. You can still mention someone, but we reduce noise in the autocomplete by focusing on users you are more likely to want to mention.
    Amaury likes this.
  7. Mr Lucky

In my case they do as I have an addon that sends an email.

Are you able to tell me if there is a simple fix (temaplte edit?) for this so that autocomplete works for all users mentions?

This begs another question. If you send a PC to someone who hasn't visited, will they still get an email notification (if that is in their preferences)
  8. Mike

No, this would require a code modification/add-on.

Yes it will.